3. Carnival Pride
This was our first Carnival cruise and it exceeded our expectations. Previously, we had cruised on NCL quite a few times along with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. We chose Baltimore because it is within driving distance and significantly easier to manage than NYC. It would be hard for me to imagine a port easier to get in and out of than Baltimore. Parking is reasonable ($15/day) and the porters unload your baggage right from your vehicle. We had the Faster-to-the-fun option so we were able to quickly check-in and board at approximately 1pm. We went directly to our cabin which was ready when we boarded. It was clean and well -maintained. The ship shows some age but not enough to prevent us from choosing it again. We had consistently great service all week from our cabin attendant. The food was generally very good in both the main dining room and the Lido buffet. There were a few items that we wouldn't order again but we enjoyed most things. We tried and liked both the Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana. The Pride's pizza is significantly better than what I ever had on NCL. I am going through withdrawal from the Melting Chocolate Cake in the MDR. The one thing I found to be different as compared to the other cruise lines was a lack of focus on hand sanitization. Carnival had the dispensers at key locations but wasn't encouraging you to use them. NCL was much, much more aggressive about it on the 8-9 cruises I have done with them. Our daughter enjoyed Camp Carnival every time she attended. There were a lot of kids on board because many of the local schools had spring break. We attended the Dr. Seuss breakfast that was really well done. The entertainment was hit or miss. The comedians were the highlight and there were four to choose from during the week. My family liked the 80's themed production show but felt the other shows were weak. The cruise director, Saffie, was energetic and engaged in making sure everyone had an opportunity to enjoy themselves. All around, the staff was very friendly and helpful wherever we encountered them. I had always had the impression that Carnival was a rowdier experience but I didn't find that to be the case. It was a good mix of families and age ranges. Half Moon Cay was the highlight of the trip. Again, the FTTF option meant that we were on one of the first few tenders. That gave us the option to have our pick of clamshell rentals on the beach. We had a perfect day and we loved that stop. Grand Turk was nice and we enjoyed a snorkel trip. My family enjoyed a beach excursion in Freeport. Disembarkation was smooth and orderly.

Good family cruise

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by vaddco

Disembarkation was smooth and orderly.
vaddco’s Full Rating Summary