3. Radiance of the Seas
This was our first cruise leaving from Australia in the past we have only been on Disney cruises. I was so disappointed. It was a cruise during the school holidays so I thought that it would be aimed as families with plenty of activities as there was a number of sea days. I was wrong it was aimed at retirees. Due to the cyclone there was no real activities at Arlie beach to go and see the reef the reason we went on the cruise. RCL was aware of the problems before we sailed but didn't bother to make a change to maybe cairns so we at least would have had a chance to see the reef. It ended up being an expensive trip to Newcastle and Brisbane. The food was boring especially if you wanted something after 9pm. We tried room service that was a huge mistake a simple request for 2 items from their menu was impossible for them to get right, we asked for a burger it arrived so undercooked we could have chased it around the room. We rang and asked for one that was cooked and this time it arrived stone cold. The attitude and lack of care was surprising. The only thing staff were interested in doing was upselling. Never again. Even though Disney is more expensive we will save up and go with them. Embarkation and disembarkation was very smooth which is the only thing that I feel they did well on the cruise. The ports of both Brisbane and Newcastle look shabby and uninviting. If we want to have a sustainable cruise ship tourism business in Australia we really have a long way to go. The service on the ship was very much a situation of I will help you when I can be bothered and unprofessional. It seemed like the crew on this ship were over it and just wanted to go home.

Waste of time and money.

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by AussieNSW

It seemed like the crew on this ship were over it and just wanted to go home.
AussieNSW’s Full Rating Summary