3. Oasis of the Seas
This cruise was a Christmas gift for my wife and I for our 30th anniversary. We were not sure what to expect. We could have not chosen a better cruse line or ship. The Oasis of the Seas will not disappoint. Here are 5 things you should know as a first time cruiser: 1) Packing: You do not need an entire wardrobe. pack rather lightly but take one or two pair of dress clothes and a tie for the men. 2) Shopping: The items on the ship are pricy. Great deals at the ports of call. At Labadee do not go near locals. They would not give me back my change! 3) Use room service. it is free. You will enjoy visiting the many food venues but enjoy a morning or late night on your balcony. 4) Stay disconnected! You can buy internet access but take the opportunity to disconnect from work, friends, email, social media. Make it a real vacation. Relax.... You will be offered a deal on internet access a few days before the end of the cruise. If you must, you can connect then. But at least take the first few days to put down you phone and computer. You will feel the stress melt away. 5) Plan an excursion. We did not because we wanted to experience each town we visited. I must say that I did not feel comfortable outside the port walls in either Jamaica or Cozumel. I wish I had signed up for an excursion. You can swim with dolphins, raft down a river and climb waterfalls. The added bonus is that some of the excursions are a couple of hours drive from the ship which means that you get to see the town as well as the countryside on the way. I would not consider this an honest and objective review if I did not share a couple of potentially negative comments. 1) Plan on $110 parking fee for leaving your car for a week. I know this is typical and similar to an airport but it still stings. 2) Food is usually good but not quiet as good as I expected. I realize they are cooking thousands of meals each day but even though most of the food was very good, I did get a couple of disappointing meals. But good news, just order something else. You can have as many as you wish. 3) My wife had a spa treatment on the last day and the spa gave themselves an unapproved $20 tip..... Maybe that is customary but I felt it was a little tacky. I truly hope this helps you if you are a first timer. Do not hesitate if you are trying to decide. It is a great time. The ship is huge but you will eventually find your way around. If you are worrying abut getting sea sick, for the most part you can barely feel the ship moving. We did have one day of 10-17 foot waves and the ship was a little unstable. My wife got sick for one day but got over it quickly and it did not negatively impact our trip. Our next cruise will be the Eastern Caribbean. I hear the ports are a little nicer.

First Cruise Experience

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by brm152

Here are 5 things you should know as a first time cruiser:

brm152’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Cabin is small as expected but very efficient and clean. Beds are comfortable. Bathroom small but functional. Only negative, I wish the AC worked a little better. Room cool but I would have preferred a few degrees cooler.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans