Emerald Princess Cruise Review

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by madfisher

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I chose this cruise because I had not been to the north of Vanuatu befor. The ship appealed to me due to size and layout.

As soon as you board the feeling of being welcome was there. The atmosphere was so warm and inviting. There were no problems boarding or finding our cabin, our luggage almost beat us to the room. We were pleasantly surprised at the cabin size as we had been disappointed with the internal cabin on the Dawn Princess. The cabin here was much bigger and better laid out. You walked in to a void space that could be discribed as a walkin hanging space with plenty of hangers, a tall boy shelf unit and off to one side the bath room. Apart from a small shower recess there was plenty of room here.

Out in the main cabin area was a reasonable dressing table with large mirror and combined with a large mirrored wall, at the head of the really comfortable bed, this gave the illusion of extra space. I kept on seeing all these people in my cabin.

Having spent many months at sea in a previous life I was very pleased with the way the ship handled a moderate to large swell (8mtres) on the way out of Sydney and again coming home.

Dining was a real pleasure and our wait staff were great. We dined at Michael Angelo's most night, anytime dining, and Horizon Court others. I couldn't fault the food anywhere on board. A minor bitch about the lack of filling on the Pizza.

Entertainment was good and there was a good variety of acts to choose from.

I must say that I did not come across any staff who didn't deserve to be commended on their performance. As for sure excursions what can I say, get your act together re pricing, far too expensive. Needless to say we organised our own shore tours.

Overall we had yet another great cruise and would go on the Emerald again.

madfisher's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin IB b537

Very comfortable and well appointed apart from a slightly too small shower recess

Mystery Island

went snorkeling at the opposite end of island to landing area. found the main beach to be damaged by too much activity. would like to think if people want to visit these areas that they respect them by not trampling the coral.

tony picked us up at the pier in an a/c 15 seater toyota and took us to see a cultural village which was great. went to blue lagoon for swim and then turtle sanctuary for bbq lunch and play with turtles, back to town for duty free shop and to dock for local stalls . Thanks tony we all enjoyed your commentary and service

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Luganville

just take a walk or get a local to drive you around

madfisher