3. MSC Poesia
We chose this cruise because of the itinerary. We wished to visit the Caribbean islands, and also to celebrate my husbands birthday & retirement. We liked the idea that we would fly to Barbados to pick up the ship. We had only been on one cruise before and did not like being at sea for the first 3 days and the last 3 as we had found it quite boring. Flying seemed the best idea for us. The cabin was good with a balcony & our cabin steward Zarck was professional & a very hard worker.The dining experience was a bit like a holiday camp at sea and the food was awful, so much that I ate swordfish one evening and 2 hours later I was violently ill & spent 2 days in bed. My husband visited the ships medical centre to see if there was something that I could take but they did not have anything. It did take me a week to recover and I lost 5lbs during this time. We noticed that there was not any enforcement to use the sanitising equipment & observed that very few passengers did. Having been on a previous cruise with another company where they insisted that everyone used the sanitiser on entry.This was quite disconcerting. We went to some of the shows felt that they were rather short and not to the standard that we had experienced on our other cruise. We experienced unacceptable delays trying to board the ship after tours and the male stewards were very unsmiling & curt. The tours that we went on were ok and interesting but we decided that we preferred to do our own thing and generally hired a taxi & driver. We enjoyed the solarium deck on deck 16. The piano bar was very relaxing.It was difficult to sleep at night owing to the stomping that went on above our cabin. We did not travel with children. No we would not travel with MSC again.

Good in parts

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Hackhurst

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
Hackhurst’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Poesia price drops

Cabin 12096
Overhead noise from the restaurants. Thumping of feet and sounds of moving furniture loudly. Carpet looks tired and in need of cleaning or renewing. Adequate room. Lovely clean towels and linen. Nice to have the balcony. Steward was excellent.
  MSC Poesia Deck Plans