3. Vision of the Seas
We were looking for something not too expensive and an alternative to our usual winter week in the sun in the Canaries. This met the bill and the itinerary looked interesting as neither of us had been to that part of the world at all. Thoroughly enjoyed our week and we thought everything on board was very good. Yes, of course, one can always find fault but we were pleased with our week and would recommend Royal Caribbean and the ship. Not sure about the ports of call and Dubai didn't do it for me at all but I'm glad to have been there at least. Some people we met on board thought the ship looked as bit "tired" - well she's certainly not brand new but many areas have been modernised and the ship was clean so I do not agree with the "tired" comment at all. Staff were very good and one or two were exceptional. The Captain was keen on keeping everyone up to date and he and his senior officers were visible throughout the week. We used MyTime dining which we preferred and we ate twice in the restaurant and four times in the Windjammer (and one night ashore). We didn't try any of the speciality restaurants. Since both of us are trying to watch our calorie intake there was plenty of healthy food on offer and we drank hardly any alcohol at all during the week. What alcohol we did drink we thought to be a bit expensive. The Classic Soda package was fine for us and we reckon it worked out just worth it and no more. One gripe - 18% added to everything on top of everything purchased I thought as bit steep as there is already a daily charge per person for gratuities (which we asked to be removed from our bill and this was done without a problem and without question). As I said - we'd use Royal Caribbean again and recommend it but we won't be going back to the Arabian Gulf even though the weather was wonderful and the sea flat calm throughout.

VERY GOOD AND FAIRLY PRICED

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by LCS1955

LCS1955’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Cabin was quite far forward on board but very close to the lifts. Having previously experienced very poor weather on cruises were were pleased to find ourselves low and close to the water but we need not have bothered as it was flat clam throughout the week. Cabin steward was exceptional in every respect.
Because the ship is not in the first flush of youth the cabins are smaller than are found on the more modern ships and there are far fewer cabins with balconies but we did not miss a balcony and the only time we spent in our cabin was for sleeping and that, to me, is the sign of a good cruise.
  Vision of the Seas Deck Plans