Disney Magic Cruise Review

Disney does everything right.

Disney Magic Cruise Review by Awhitco

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

This was my 8th DCL cruise and my third time on the Magic. I just adore this classic ship. The larger ones are nice, but not intimate like the Magic and Wonder.

We noticed our last cruise on the Magic had a bit of a tired menu and the cooking seemed 'off'. This cruise was not the case. We had many new menu options and the quality of the food was really good.

Shore excursions included a regatta in Cozumel that was very good for the price - I'd do that one again.

Our cabin was in fine shape, but there were parts of the ship that seemed like they needed a bit of paint. It wasn't a distraction; perhaps I am simply picky since I am used to DCL being pristine.

Service on DCL is unparalleled. It's just that good. Everyone seems genuinely interested in making sure you are having fun.

Entertainment for adults is not lacking on DCL. We attended 'Match Your Mate' which is hilarious, spent time in all of the bars, saw an adult ventriloquist, and a great group called 'The Fly Boys'. They are worth seeking out in another realm outside of a cruise ship.

We have done DCL with and without kids. It's great fun either way.

Awhitco's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04B 7052

Cabin could accommodate up to 4. Large bed, pull down bunk, and a couch that converts to a bed.

Two baths - one with a sink and shower/tub, the other with a sink and a toilet. Super convenient.

Awhitco