Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review
1,679 Reviews

Staff was excellent, ship wasn't

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by TomNick

• Sail Date: Nov 2016
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

Well...we have only started cruising for years ago. During that time we stayed loyal to Royal but I must say that the quality of the Serenade of the Seas was a bit...disappointing. It's an older ship and in need of renovation on a lot of things: The food in the Windjammer and the main dining room needs more variation! For the Windjammer, after 5 days of broccoli (which I like as a vegetable) you might want to change this and serve something else. Also the main dining room menu needs an update. We've had the same menu choice over and over again. Don't get me wrong, the food is good but get some variation in it!

The entertainment was...kinda OK...although some variation is also needed: I mean, how many comedians, jugglers and wannabe singers can you take on an evening. There are so many good singers and performers in the world...why they always take the old and forgotten, I do not understand. On a previous cruise we once had a singer who took part in X-factor UK, he was awesome! Please, book more of those acts for your shows!

They also had a group called the Music Makers who performed mostly in the Centrum...OMG, this is so NOT the quality we are used to! The older guy was mostly out of tune and he sounded like a cat meowing nervously. Up to now I did not know anyone who could kill an Abba-song...well, now I do.

Staff was, as always, SUPERBE! Main dining room, room attendant and all other staff are ever so friendly and reliable.

Itinerary was also awesome. We loved all the ports of call, St-Lucia, Aruba and Bonaire really impressed us in a good way.

TomNick's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 8023

Room attendant Johnassis was awesome!

TomNick