3. MSC Armonia
While holiday int in Europe for our 30th wedding anniversary, we chose a shorter cruise to gauge how we feel about cruising in general, this being our first one. We also wanted to pack in as many ports as possible and we only spent one full day at sea which bored us. The food, service and cleanliness of the ship was great. We felt cheated being sold a beverage package for only meal times which meant if we wanted to drink at other times, we had to pay. We were sold this at the port before embarking on the ship and later found out that we could have bought separate water, coffee, alcohol or soft drink packages which would have cost us one third of what we paid. Also as I am not a drinker, I had to buy the same package as my husband just to get water and soft drinks! (Obviously they think I would have drunk my husband's alcohol as it was unlimited during meal times) The other major gripe was all the packs of children roaming and running around the ship without parental supervision. These children were allowed into the bars at night and took over all the seating and dance floor so we missed out on dancing as well. Parents were even taking babies around in prams in the bar/lounge areas. It really needed to have some dedicated adult only areas. We both have a European background and are euro citizens as well.. We understand the European attitude to full inclusion of families but this was ridiculous. There was no where to get away from them and I was told by a very smart alec 8 year old that we had taken his and his friends seats while they were dancing! MSC needs to make sure parents monitor and take responsibility for their children and provide adult only relief to its other passengers.

Great Ports of Call

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by amexias

The food, service and cleanliness of the ship was great.

amexias’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Interior Stateroom – Bella
Cabin I1 8135
This was a lovely room. Close to the elevators but far enough to not be bothered by people getting on or off. Quiet room. Comfy bed. Great air conditioning. We slept soundly.
Ametista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Cinque Terre
    Wonderful. We took a coach trip and saw the top of the leaning tower of Pisa on the way. First stop was Porto Venere-amazing medieval church, and then a boat cruise to see all of the 5 towns from the sea. Stopped at the largest, Monterosso for a few hours to have lunch and then train and coach back to the port. This excursion was worth the price tag as it was a whole 8 hours and too difficult to organise all the transport by ourselves.
    View All 87 Cinque Terre Reviews
  • Ibiza
    We thought the excursions were too pricey so we explored Evissa during the day by ourselves and took a local bus to San Antonio. It only cost €8 return and we could stay as long as we wanted. The ship was charging €50 return to go to the hippy market at night for a few hours only.
    View All 145 Ibiza Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ibiza Cruise Port Review
  • Olbia
    Again we thought the excursions very pricey. We took a bus tour from Olbia to Porto Cervo and Costa Smeralda for €25 each where the ship was charging €50 just for Porto Cervo. It's much cheaper to organise your own excursions when you get to the
    Port. Both of these places were amazing and I highly recommend. If you go to Costa Smeralda take your swimming gear. As we didn't know what we were doing when we got to Olbia , we didn't and regretted it as the beach was beautiful.
    View All 11 Olbia Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Olbia Cruise Port Review
  • Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)
    We paid for a bus transfer from the ship and spent the day strolling around Palma. It was a beautiful clean city with lovely buildings, churches parks, shopping malls and wondrous fountains.
    View All 821 Palma de Mallorca (Majorca) Cruise Port Reviews