• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Mariner of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Old ship bad services old entertainments Manager and very poor shows

Review for Mariner of the Seas to Asia
Jill.cruise
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Junior Suite

I choose the cruise as I thought it would be a trip of a lifetime. How wrong unfortunately the Mariner of the Sea is old and it looked. The entertainments Manager was old and passed it putting on really bad performances in the evening that most people each night walked out of. There were quiz nights but you couldn't understand the quiz masters who needed help with each question as they couldn't speak much English. The weather wasn't always good. I know that's not anyone's fault however there was nothing to do during the day No talks No shows No entertainment other than Bingo at $33 a card. I tried golf the pitch/putt was held together with tape so bad it was not worth playing on. Lucky their were lots of nice people on the cruise to talk to. We were all in the same boat (cruise) bored. The excursions were good however again expensive, The Royal Caribbean have one thing on their mind that's to take as much money as they can per person. Shops on board are all designer without a small shop for personal items. Staff on the cruise were very good they tried very hard to make people happy they had a hard job as people were not happy. The cabin was a good size and again the staff were very good. The food was always good all staff need a medal to work on such a poor cruise liner. This was my first ever cruise and I would not go again especially with Royal Caribbean. Lastly after spending a lot of my time in a queue waiting for customer service or paying for excursions checking room invoice Royal Caribbean messed up my room payment taking more money than they should have from my account then with an unsatisfactory reply are taking up to 28 days to return my money they owe me.

Proper shambles truly unfortunate cruise company not worth a carrot

Junior Suite

Cabin JS

Good

Port Reviews

Hong Kong

Did leave cruise however my friend was un well and we had to cancel our excursion.

Shanghai