3. Zuiderdam
I chose this cruise as a surprise for my husband for his birthday. Right out as 4 star mariners, we did not get any priority boarding, it was a cattle call with no organization at all! It was a disappointment as we lost both ports in Nova Scotia and had a horrible storm to pass through at night. Our closet door fell of during the storm. the ship overall needs a serious dry dock, many areas need carpet cleaning and it looks very old and dated. The crew was not the happiest I have seen on a Holland ship and this was our 7th cruise. I did not walk away with the warm fuzzy feeling I usually do. We had the outside partition divider on the balcony banging 3 times, the crew forgot to lock it after doing work. The balcony is very rusty, the outside light was hanging by a cord not attached to anything, and on the rough seas, it banged all the time. There was broken (cracked) mirrors in the Lido and cracked windows in the main dining room after the storm, hope they get them replaced. Then on the last night of the cruise the third diesel generator blew and we we late leaving Port Canaveral, which put us late into FLL for disembarkation. Good luck to those doing her first Caribbean cruise for the season! This is one ship I will not sail on again no matter what the itinerary!

Cruise to the Bottom of the Barrel

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by chloes nana

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

This is one ship I will not sail on again no matter what the itinerary!
chloes nana’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zuiderdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 7143
cabin just okay. Many dirty spots on the carpet and comforter/duvet had stains on it. furniture a little dingey and could stand a good cleaning. Closet door fell off during storm and wasn't repaired until late the next day
Observation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins