• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

chloes nana
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

I chose this cruise as a surprise for my husband for his birthday. Right out as 4 star mariners, we did not get any priority boarding, it was a cattle call with no organization at all! It was a disappointment as we lost both ports in Nova Scotia and had a horrible storm to pass through at night. Our closet door fell of during the storm. the ship overall needs a serious dry dock, many areas need carpet cleaning and it looks very old and dated.

The crew was not the happiest I have seen on a Holland ship and this was our 7th cruise. I did not walk away with the warm fuzzy feeling I usually do. We had the outside partition divider on the balcony banging 3 times, the crew forgot to lock it after doing work. The balcony is very rusty, the outside light was hanging by a cord not attached to anything, and on the rough seas, it banged all the time.

There was broken (cracked) mirrors in the Lido and cracked windows in the main dining room after the storm, hope they get them replaced.

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VB

cabin just okay. Many dirty spots on the carpet and comforter/duvet had stains on it. furniture a little dingey and could stand a good cleaning. Closet door fell off during storm and wasn't repaired until late the next day

Port Reviews

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

we missed this port