3. Viking Star
I looked forward to this cruise to visit countries not previously seen, especially the coastline of Norway, Denmark, Sweden and other Baltic countries. Previously, I had taken several Viking River cruises and I was enthusiastic about their approach to cruising. Alas, the ocean cruise experience did not quite measure up to the standard I had expected of Viking based on my experience with the river cruises. Good points: the ship was comfortable and well-planned, with many nooks and crannies for privacy, if needed. I liked having books about the region interspersed in many places for browsing. The cruise director was outstanding. Mediocre: the food was adequate and, at times good (the specialty restaurants), however, the menu grew boring. In fact it deterred me from considering a longer cruise with Viking. Bad: the excursions director, by contrast to the cruise director, was not strong on public relations skills. When I made a comment about disappointment with one of the short excursion guides, he appeared to show no interest (in great contrast with my experience on the Viking river cruises, where there was a good effort made to improve the excursions). So, all in all, I would not give Viking Ocean cruises the highest rating.

Good, but not the very best!

Viking Star Cruise Review by baitang

So, all in all, I would not give Viking Ocean cruises the highest rating.
baitang’s Full Rating Summary