3. Rotterdam
It's been several years since we've cruised-and never with HAL-thus hard to make comparisons. That said, getting on and off at the seven port calls always went smoothly. The Rotterdam is an oldie but goodie as were most of the passengers. I am early 70's, my wife is mid 60's. It seemed to me that a majority of passengers were older? I think I saw two children under 10 during the week we were on board. The ship is well maintained for its age as was our cabin - 6129 - which was starboard side looking toward the pier/terminal/city rather than looking at the channel - when we were docked. More to see that way, maybe something to consider? As advertised, Rotterdam was loaded with museum quality art - nice to see as we walked through the ship. Again, no recent comparisons but we thought our open seating dinner dining was good in the main dinging - nothing really special - just good - with very good service. Twice, there was a short wait - and we were given a pager. The Lido deck breakfast was special - huge selections - and again exceptional service from the staff. Once, we booked the Pinnacle grill for dinner and found it to be underwhelming. We wouldn't do it again - for the extra $70 charge for my wife and me. I thought my large filet mignon steak was average, no better, and my wife told the chef when he stopped by that her crab legs were not great. Service in the grill and the setting itself was very good. The "front (help) desk" operation and staff was very good. We went to only one show, none of the others interested us. Didn't play bingo, name that tune, or other similar activities. My wife fell for the spa pitch spending $550 on acupuncture treatments and other important stuff. We took five shore excursions, all found on trip advisor, none offered by HAL that we felt were over priced. Would I do it all again, maybe?

Rotterdam-from Boston to Montreal 10 September 16

Rotterdam Cruise Review by Littleneil

Littleneil’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Rotterdam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin A 6129
Only the lack of outlets was a concern, However we were prepared for that.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• City Tour
    Good, but not great.
  • Historical Tour
    Nice history lesson and drive through the city of Charlottetown on a Grey Line bus with Pierre doing the talking.
    View All 24 Historical Tour Reviews
  • Historic Tour
    A four hour Halifax history lesson while driving through town - ending at a so-so restaurant in Fisherman's Cove. Paul continually gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. Our group did not have Paul.
    View All 19 Historic Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    The Quebec City Sightseeing Tour was Trip Advisor sponsored. Large bus --full. Hard to find the pickup point at the museum of civilization. Get there early to get a good seat on the bus. Once underway - we enjoyed the tour.
    View All 46 City Tour Reviews