3. Rotterdam
Embarkation and disembarkation was effortless. Choose this cruise because it went to many ports/countries that I have not been to. Despite the title of this cruise, Voyage of the Vikings, it really did not emphasize the Vikings very much. Some of the ports were not worth going to, e.g. Red Bay, Labrador, Canada, but overall a very enjoyable cruise. I liked that we were never at sea for more than 2 days at a time. One excursion "A day in Irsh Life" was probably one of the best we have ever taken. It was expensive but really enjoyed our day on the farm. We were not rushed around and could enjoy ourselves in a relaxing venue. The ship, cabin, entertainment, and dining was typical for Holland America, i.e. very good. The lectures were good, but some of the lecturers could brush up on their public speaking skills. The staff was fantastic. I did have some complaint about some of the staff in the Lido buffet, but other passengers had no complaints about it. The sea was calm for most of the voyage, except for one day on the North Sea. We even got hit by a rogue wave that night about 4 am which woke everybody up on the ship. Got some glimpses of some whales and many icebergs. I would highly recommend this cruise.

Voyage of the Vikings

Rotterdam Cruise Review by sworksjr

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah
Embarkation and disembarkation was effortless.

Got some glimpses of some whales and many icebergs.

I would highly recommend this cruise.
sworksjr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Rotterdam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin BB 7048
Lack of electrical outlets was annoying, but I have gotten use to that on most ships.

The binoculars provided with the room are very good, better than the ones I brought.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins