3. Seven Seas Navigator
We had sailed on the Regent Marina last year, flying to Rio de Janeiro. We decided to book this trip for the value (sale price) and also to travel with some friends who had not experienced some of the ports. There are lots of positives so I will start with those: We had a free upgrade to a Penthouse Suite which was very luxurious and had butler service. The service in the room and bars was superb and couldn't be faulted. The entertainment was very good too with a selection of the normal 'song and dance' shows to an excellent speaker and entertainer Terry Bishop. His dry humour suited the British passengers for sure! The Cruise Director worked hard to ensure that these were enjoyed too. The excursions are really good value as they are included although it would be nice just for once not to include churches! The failure in our opinion was really not exploiting some of the facilities. Most guests wanted shade yet tables had been placed under the shaded area and that meant sunbeds directly in the sun. Most of the tables simply were not required and sunshades would have kept those placed in the sun shaded well. Sunbeds could have been placed in many other places ie the Promenade deck (but this seemed eternally closed at one side or another and an upper deck. The sundeck could have been used in the evening for barbecues or food from the Veranda but this was simply closed off too. The Compass Rose started well but ended badly with tough steaks and delays leading to up to 3 hours working through the course. When we complained we had an apology but the Head Waiter simply ignored it. I can't recall how many times we asked for mustard with the steak or mint sauce with lamb. This usually arrived half way through the meal or not at all. The steak restaurant Prime Seven also turned out to be a disappointment for many of the reasons above. The final real problem with this ship is vibration! I note someone else mentioned this too and it really starts to interfere with your enjoyment of the cruise. My husband and I actually felt on the verge of sea sickness and we have cruised all around the world and not had this problem before. we were embarrassment too because we had made comments to our friends on how fantastic this trip would be compared to say a P&O which sadly it was not. I think there are lessons to be learned here from the Mariner and sadly this has made us think twice about travelling again with Regent.

Disappointing Cruise

Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by GraceYoung55

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

There are lots of positives so I will start with those:

GraceYoung55’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Navigator price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin B 1002
Excellent in every way. Could not be faulted
Deck 10 Suite Cabins