3. Disney Dream
We visited Orlando Disney parks before the cruise. We have always found them to be clean and entertaining, and pricy. The higher cost is worth it to me to enter a park/ship that is clean, family friendly and well maintained, keeps the riff-raff out too. The entry into Port Canaveral was easy and seamless. We were through security ~ 1pm < 10 mins. The massive room we entered was empty and had a model of the ship at the far end. I expected more people. We took photos of the model ship with no one around it. While husband returned rental car, I checked in myself and child through the quick moving line and was told that upon return, our luggage would be handled 100% and I wouldn't see it again until my return to home airport on the luggage claim. Luggage was smooth for us TWO (should have been 3). Luggage was not smooth for my husband. He checked-in and his return flight was verified. But when returned home, husband's luggage was not accounted for and his return was not anticipated. I had baggage tags and boarding passes for airline and didn't handle my bags. My husband - no luggage tags, no boarding passes, and he had to handle his own bags off the ship as well as through the airport and through airport long check-in line and through customs by himself. He set up this entire trip, booked everything, paid for it and reserved the transfers and baggage handling weeks in advance. Why was he not included? No idea but I was at the computer with him when this was all scheduled. He was mad. On the ship, we booked 9th floor cabin w/ veranda & bunk bed. It seemed like a good deal to add the veranda because it only increased the price of the cabin by $50. The cabin was big and I liked the bathroom arrangement. One bathroom had a sink, mirror, electrical outlet & shower. Other bathroom had sink, toilet, mirror but no electrical outlet. Both bathrooms had shelving to put our stuff in- keep it off counter. There were plenty of cabin cubbies & drawers to put our stuff along with the big closet and hooks on the walls (2 laundry lines inside shower too). Our cabin was kept very clean. Housekeeping did a great job for us and our teen. The room darkening curtains were appreciated. We ate dinner in 3 different dining rooms. All food was good except the coffee (dishwater?), tomato soup (dilute ketchup?) and the salmon (rock hard & tasteless) in the Grand Palace restaurant. My one food complaint would be vegetables- hard to find. I just wanted to find a tossed salad or some asparagus or broccoli. There is no salad bar even at the buffet restaurant. There was only one place I found a mango on top of a small tossed salad at far end of ship next door to 'the greasy spoons' pizza/burgers/hotdogs/French fries. The salads bowls- I only found it open one time in 3 days. We dined on nova lox and mackerel with capers, melons, fresh fruit, lamb shanks, prime rib, scallops, sushi, gelato, late night ice cream soft serve, omelets. I don't eat breads, French fries & pastries. I would have liked to see a taco bar or a salad bar. Adult drinks were easy to find, waiters routinely walked around with trays of 'drink of the day' in fancy glasses. Drinks seemed low on rum and high on ice (and price) at $9. On our final night the waiter Enchanted Garden restaurant brought us full plates of veggies. We should have talked to him about food complaints on day 1. We also didn't realize-they expected us to order multiple appetizers and multiple entrees to taste test everything. Eye opener, they are punctual- the minute that Pirate Party ended at 11pm & the music stops, they close the buffets. You cannot get anything to eat after the music stops. We learned to eat dinner, visit Cabana buffet on deck 11 for plates of late night snacks, then go put them in our cabin refrigerator on the way to the late night shows. To beat the dishwater coffee blah's we discovered there were 2 coffee bars on ship- nice espresso & lattes. Onboard shows were well done. Aquatube was 40 min wait. Pools packed with small children as expected (except the adults only pools). When adults brought their 8-10 yr olds to the adult pools, they were asked to leave by the staff (thank you!) At Nassau, Bahamas we only visited the Atlantis property for the day and went snorkeling and did the water park. Atlantis was VERY nice. Disney's Castaway Cay was nice, until we discovered that lunch wasn't being served past 1pm when we went to get it. No lunch for us, bummer. Parasailing probably would have been fun, but our session was cancelled due to thunderstorm approaching. Seemed sunny to us but, oh well weather happens. Went snorkeling instead. I wish I would have known that there were submerged statues attracting fish farther out in the snorkeling area, but maybe it was better that I didn’t. When the sky suddenly darkened, we found ourselves far from shore when the Tstorm started. It took a long time to swim to shore in the rough water but the lifeguards waited for us. All the umbrellas were closed, including the one over our bag, cell phones, hats, towels. We walked back to the ship ( 1.5 hrs to spare before ‘all call’- everyone get onboard) in the thunderstorm through a town that looks like it closed up and everyone went home. Felt like the last 3 people on the island. I was looking forward to getting a towel when we reached the ship but was informed that there were NO more TOWELS. We walked up 9 flights of ship stairs dripping wet and cold from the A/C. That night we found more people who had the same towel-less experience. So at 3pm we hadn’t eaten and came in cold. No food until dinner buffet at 5:15pm. We had buffet to hold us over until our 8:15pm dining time. I loved seeing all the characters on the ship with easy access. Pirate Party night was special and fun. The parties each night were fun ! Now I need a stay-cation to recover from my vacation.

AARG, you can do really nice pirate tattoos with mascara & black eyeliner

Disney Dream Cruise Review by Pamela36

Ages 16+
Get Disney Dream price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04A 9090
We booked 9th floor cabin w/ veranda & bunk bed. It seemed like a good deal to add the veranda because it only increased the price of the cabin by $50. The cabin was big and I liked the bathroom arrangement. One bathroom had a sink, mirror, electrical outlet & shower. Other bathroom had sink, toilet, mirror but no electrical outlet. Both bathrooms had shelving to put our stuff in- keep it off counter. There were plenty of cabin cubbies & drawers to put our stuff along with the big closet and hooks on the walls (2 laundry lines inside shower too). Our cabin was kept very clean. Housekeeping did a great job for us and our teen. The room darkening curtains were appreciated. I guess one thing that irked me that first night was the bed situation. We came in after midnight to find the bunk bed was not set up for our teen. So I had to find someone to open the bed and set it up. Not what I was looking forward to at 1am. She could have slept on that couch except she was too tall for it and neither her head nor feet could fit. We had to have the bed pulled out of the ceiling and set up. They knew we were a party of 3 so why would they think we'd all sleep in the Queen sized bed together?
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Snorkeling
    View All 23 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Nassau
    very nice
    View All 5,882 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Atlantis Resort
    Water Park, what's no to love? There were a few good slides, some nice palm trees, but chairs were hard to find. Even when in front of a restaurant I couldn't figure out which one it was, no names? no map of the park either?
    View All 677 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    I didn't think I'd be snorkeling in the Atlantis Hotel's fishtank. I actually thought it would be in a protected reef area on the Atlantis property somewhere. It was good, but wasn't as big as I would have liked. The Atlantis employee who stayed with us the entire time talked about the different types of fish and sharks and showed us a shark egg. He was very nice.
    View All 216 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure
    the Harry Potter stuff was awesome. really added something special to the Universal theme parks.
    View All 53 Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure Reviews
  • Walt Disney World
    As much as I like the 'Peter Pan's Adventure' ride at Disney World I still do not understand how this can be a ride that is routinely 90 min wait when It appears to run efficiently.
    View All 93 Walt Disney World Reviews