Viking Sea Cruise Review

Viking Homeland

Viking Sea Cruise Review by ATroudt

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

My friends invited me to go with them on this cruise. It was my first time. We boarded the ship in Stockholm, Sweden, toured the Baltic Sea and ended the tour in Bergen, Norway. I can't say enough about this ship, the crew, the entertainment, the service, and the dining! They all were amazing! The cabin was very spacious with many places to store your belongings. I traveled with my brother so the king sized bed was able to convert to twin beds easily. The bathroom had heated floors and I loved the shower gel that was provided. I hope I can find it in the states! Sometimes I felt that the food was too exquisite for my taste, but you could always find something that was good and enjoyable. The entertainers were very talented. Even when the ship was a bit rocky, they keep right on going! There were two additional singers that performed as well. One had performed on Broadway and the other had been an original singer in the group that originated "Winchester Cathedral". The shore excursions kept you so busy, that it was difficult finding time to enjoy the extra activities the ship offered. The guides knew their history and could answer any question that was posed to them about the region. The crew made it a point to make you feel comfortable. They learned your name and greeted you like they had known you forever! I highly recommend this cruise!

ATroudt's Full Rating Summary

City Tour

It was a coach tour of the city.

View All 141 City Tour Reviews
Old Town Porvoo

Enjoyed the Haikko Manor visit.

View All 55 Old Town Porvoo Reviews
City Tour

The bus toilets at the Peter and Paul Fortress were interesting!

View All 378 City Tour Reviews
Russian Folk Dance

The Russian Folk Dancers were very energetic!!

View All 53 Russian Folk Dance Reviews
Old Town of Tallinn

The cobblestone streets are a reason to wear comfortable shoes!

View All 189 Old Town of Tallinn Reviews

The lunch served on the cruise was very enjoyable.

Castles of North Zealand

The countryside views were beautiful!

View All 25 Castles of North Zealand Reviews
The Old Town

It was nice that we could tour the town just off of the ship.

View All 57 The Old Town Reviews

Because of a rock slide, our normal tour was canceled and we toured the fjords by boat. It was a beautiful trip, but it would have been nice if the guide had used a microphone so that we could have heard his interesting stories.

City Tour

Having been to Bergen before, I didn't really see anything new.

View All 136 City Tour Reviews
Mount Floyen

What a beautiful view of the city!

View All 56 Mount Floyen Reviews

We got to see the workings of todays Norwegian farms, but were invited to the main house where we were served delicious home-made treats with coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. The hosts were dressed in native costumes.

ATroudt