3. Norwegian Spirit
I celebrated my 50th birthday in Barcelona two days before we boarded!! It was a birthday trip with friends since my husband didn't want to do Europe...lucky for me he didn't mind me going!! We walked right on the boat into our room. I am not sure why everyone tries to get on so early when there is so much to explore. We got there about 3:30 and there were no lines and we were in our room in not time. We splurged and got a Penthouse Suite on the back of the boat Room 9212 and it was perfect for 2 people sharing that wanted separate beds!! We just switched out from the couch pull out (which really wasn't bad at all) to the bedroom bed which I have to say was more comfortable than my bed at home!! Our Butler Clint was always there for us whenever we needed anything!! He even got my friend seasick pills when she needed them!! Room service is free for suites (they charge for other rooms now which I am not sure if I like!!) so our butler brought us our breakfast every morning and it was pretty good. I did get tired of the same things but I am not a fan of buffets so I didn't go there and we didn't have time to eat at the Cagney's restaurant (for suites only) on port days since we left so early!! We only ate at the specialty restaurants since we got that perk..and we loved the Benihana style restaurant the servers were much better than we had at home...they did so many tricks!! The lobster at the steak house was better than I have had in a long time!! I don't eat steak but my girlfriend said hers were yummy!! We only did the french restaurant once and it was good just not my type of food...and the Italian was ok but it was hit or miss....we never went to the regular restaurants and rarely went to the buffet really folks unless you eat at VERY Expensive restaurants the food is fine!! I am not sure why so many people complain if you get served something you don't like order something else!! We did all ship excursions except in Barcelona, Venice, and Mykonos...we stayed extra days at the first 2 so we did them on our own and Mykonos we charted a private Catamaran on Mykonos Catamaran which I would highly recommend it was a fabulous day and they are so nice check them out on trip advisor I will be putting in a review there as well!! I will rate the excursions on NCL's website since I wish more people had when I booked!! They were all very organized The boat is older but it was fine you are hardly on it anyway!!! I liked the smaller boat to get around for this particular trip. You had 2 sea days but we walked anywhere from 18,000 to 33,000 steps a day so we slept in and relaxed those 2 days!! The 3 shows we saw were very good!! I would recommend this trip it was exhausting but fabulous you get to see so much and it was perfect for my first trip...now I know where I want to go back and dragging the hubby with me!!

Fabulous 50th Birthday Celebration

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Michelle66

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony

The 3 shows we saw were very good!!

Michelle66’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SG 9212
Wonderful!! Splurge and go for it...so comfortable and fabulous bathroom...just the hair dryer issue hoping they upgrade them when the dry dock...but I used my own with a plug converter and as long as you used low you were fine!!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins