3. Norwegian Epic
There were three of us on the cruise; myself, wife and 4 year old daughter. We boarded at Marseilles and there were very few people getting on. Check in was quick and easy (only 20-30 people getting on when we were there). Likewise, disembarking was easy due to limited number of people leaving. We had a mini suite on deck 8 and it was nice. This was our first time on Norwegian and thus our first time on the Epic. Storage!!! Cupboard/shelves everywhere! The bathroom was kind of weird. As you walk in, the toilet was on the left, the shower on the right, and the enclosure was a translucent white. The balcony was very nice. deeper than we have experienced before though not as wide. I think I preferred this one since it was easier to arrange when two people were on the balcony. We used many of the specialty restaurants which were nice but there are upcharges for everything. $20 per person just to go into the Ice Bar (even for my 4 year old daughter) which sucked. Rude service in the Moderno (sp?). Great service in the sushi restaurant (they made whatever my daughter wanted; very kid friendly and great attitude) Ship had lots to do. My daughter loved the pool, slides, and splash area. Kids club was outstanding. So good my daughter didn't want to leave and the staff was great. Selection of bars was outstanding as was the choice of food (paid and otherwise). Overall we had a good time (hard not to on a cruise right?) but sadly I don't think we will cruise Norwegian again. Good time yes, but way too many problems and poor service. The price paid for what we got wasn't worth it. Where to start? Internet. I booked internet and of course it didn't work. Stand in line forever at guest service. get to front and am told I have to go see the internet manager. Another line with 30 people because noone else's works either. Turns out they have a single point of failure for the entire ship; the internet manager. He is only available at certain hours and was mobbed. Day 1, internet not fixed. Day 2, still not fixed (waited in line again). Said something was sent to my room (it wasn't). Finally got it fixed and it was really bad. Slow, disconnected alot. Waste of money. We really only needed it to stay in contact due to a family issue and it barely met that requirement (I paid for it though so it should have worked). Stopped working again on Day 4. Internet manager line again. Very frustrating. Spa: Booked my wife a massage before we left. We received the letter in the cabin the day before confirming time and everything. She goes up there and they say they double booked. She is out of luck and she cannot have her money back (Guess they haven't heard of a stop payment on a credit card...but I digress). Finally able to get her in at a convenient time but it was another screwup. Massage was good though. Our room wasn't made up the first day. We asked the room steward and she said she wasn't feeling well....I empathize but get another person then! First stop at Barcelona I go down and ask guest services if there is a euro ATM on the boat. No, but go up to the casino and get dollars from the ATM and we will switch it for you. OK, no problem. I go get money, come back down and ask to switch it and I am informed they cannot switch it for me until 2 pm...It's 0930 and that doesn't exactly help me (not to mention I just used my withdrawal limit for the day on that debit card). I asked to speak to a supervisor and was refused. I gave them some choice words... The whole cruise followed this pattern. I don't want to make the impression that we had a bad time because we didn't. The boat had lots to do, was clean, and we had an all you can drink package which tends to make most problems go away... The stops were good and they were pretty organized getting people on and off. The point is we had far less hassle on other cruise lines and when we did have the occasional problem on the other lines it was taken care of. The price was definitely not worth it either. Glad we tried out the Epic and the cruise line but there is little chance we will go back.

Not really worth it