Noordam Cruise Review

Noordam Cruise Review by Jburrows

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

We flew to Australia and toured by land for a month. Then we embarked in Sydney for a two week cruise around New Zealand and a Pacific crossing to Vancouver.

I would recommend seeing New Zealand by land also. The ship had mechanical problems when we reached Napier so we missed two ports. The only advantage that I can see about seeing New Zealand by sea, is traversing the fjords. They are truly spectacular.

Besides the mechanical trouble, the ship leaked a lot when it rained. In the Crowe's nest, in the hallway on deck 6, even in a stateroom that friends of ours were staying in. Towels were everywhere to soak up the water. Our friends weren't given another stateroom because the ship was full they were told. I don't think this cabin should have been sold in the first place and I question possible health issues from the dampness.

It the cruise line wants to encourage repeat business, I think they should address the disrepair of this ship

Jburrows's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 7141

This cabin was quite comfortable and did not leak(thank goodness). It faces aft so we had a good view of both sides from our verandah. The whole ship is a bit shabby and this goes for this cabin too.

Jburrows