Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review by Hol the Viking
- Sail Date: May 2016
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Did know that the ship was a bit outdated and could coop with that.
- Cabin was ok, but bath room a bit small and aged. Cleaning staff did a great job.
- Service in the Service Restaurant (not Buffet Rest.), Bars was very good. Reception people where a bit cool.
- Entertainment and shows where ok (opinion of myself as a german !).
- Small covered pool, surrounded by tables (part of buffet restaurant) not too nice.
- Expensive wellness area. Gym equipment could be better.
- Enough room to relax away from bars.
- Safety drill after embarkation in Rhodes was a joke!!!! It took place in the show lounge. How to wear the life west and were to find the meeting spots was all! No assembly at the dedicated areas, no calling of names.
- Pollution!!!!!! Everytime after leaving the harbours and switching to cruide oil it did rain "Tar - Flakes" on the rear decks. Not to mention the a mount of smoke and Co2 all over. Even the air con did blow smoke into the cabin.
- The offer of the selfservice buffet was below average. Very little taste and vegetables out of cans. Breakfast buffet was acceptable. Restaurant feeling was like in a canteen.
We had always dinner in the service restaurant which was quite good incl. the staff.
- We took the optional "Drink Package with alcohol". Was a bit disappointing as only one choice of red/white (by the glas) house vine was included as well as just standard drinks/cocktails. No fresh juices and "Cocktails of the day" included. Water in the cabin one had to pay for.
- We only booked one excursion, Ephesus. With 68 € p. person expensive; however we had a guide and an exciting tour. But, after 1 1/2 hours sightseeing we ended up in a carpet store and have been bored by a sales event. A nightmare!!! 1 1/2 hours of suffering. Paying for the very interesting Ephus excursion is ok but sponsering a carpet dealer is a shame!
250,000+ people have entered their email