3. Norwegian Jewel
I have travelled quite a bit, but have never been on a cruise. I always hesitated because I had this pre-conceived notion that there would be a lot of waiting in lines/for food/drinks, etc....which I hate. However, I was thankfully surprised! Our boarding process was quick and smooth, and everyone was friendly and accommodating. Our cabin was clean and we were glad we upgraded to an oceanview and had that extra bit of room with the windown. Our cabin steward introduced himself and was friendly and sweet. A few things I learned: 1. If you get the upgraded dining, be sure to make reservations if you have more than 2/4 people. We were unable to get into Teppanyaki because it was always booked. The crew did however accommodate our big group of 12 in Cagneys, even though they only had 8 spots open. 2. On the days at sea, if you want a seat by the pool, you need to get there early. It was windy on our days at sea, so the upper decks were too windy/cool. 3. You can take cases of water on with you. Just tag them as a piece of luggage and no problem. Virtually all of the staff were helpful and accommodating. I like that most of them actually engaged in conversation with us. I do not have another cruise ship to compare the decor too (as I have seen some complaints), but everything looked well kept and clean which is most important to me. I liked that they had everyone wash their hands before entering a dining room (washi, washi) We will definitely be going back.

Well Kept and Fun Ship!

LCole’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OC 8550
This cabin is centrally located and was plenty big for our use. It was very quiet, which we appreciated. Great view of the land/port on arrival/departure.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cabo San Lucas
    We did not take an excursion, but just messed around town eating, drinking, and shopping.
    View All 1,297 Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Review
  • ATV Tour
    We had a blast! You drive about 35 minutes out of town, into a village in the mountains. You get to ATV up the mountain, across the river, and through the village, in all kinds of terrain/speeds. Bring an extra change of clothes because you will be filthy. We were served a delicious lunch of michacca burritos, chips, salsa, fresh tortillas, and mexican melting cheese. They distill their own tequila and you can take a tour of the distillery with tastings of course. Worth every penny!
  • Beach
    This was my favorite part of the trip, even though you have to get up early. You take a gorgeous catamaran ride down the coast to Las Caletas, where you are greeted at the dock with waterfalls, and parrots circling overhead. You can snorkel, kayak, paddleboard, or just hang out in the hammocks on the beach for free. I highly reccommend doing the Sea Lion adventure. It was so much fun and you actually go in the pool with them and take photos and get to interact with them. Definitely wear water socks if you plan to hike around and look at everything as being in flip-flops was difficult. All of the staff were very nice and would gladly show you how to do anything you wanted to try. The lunch was a delicious buffet with a ton of variety. This is a must-do trip.