3. Zuiderdam
We liked the itinerary, 10 days in the southern Caribbean after a long winter. Have been on many cruises, but this was the first and last for Holland America. On the first day out we had a strong oil based paint smell in the room starting at 10 am. Called there front desk, couldn't get an answer. When I finally got a hold of some one at the front desk, they sent up an officer to verify, he confirmed and said they had been numerous complaints. This continued for the entire voyage, requiring us to vacate the room every day for 6 to 8 hours. 3 day out got up in the night, no water, plumbing problems, happened through out the cruise. 4th day wrote to the office of the president, got the attention of the front office. They said were sorry, but the ship had to be painted before the next cruise, and would just have to live with it. Food was ok, staff was great, but the ship should have been retired. Buckets in aisles to catch water leaking from the ceiling, urin smell in the halls, back up toilets, not pleasant. Enjoyed the port tours, the islands were great, and people friendly, it allow us to get away from the paint smell for the after noon. Couldn't wait to get off the ship. When I reached out at the end of the cruise, they said sorry, but there was nothing they could do. I WOULD SUGGEST YOU READ OTHER REVIEWS ON HOLLAND AMERICA. Definitely not a cruise line I would recommend.

Management HA: very interested in profits, not customer satisfaction.

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by 1salty dog

We liked the itinerary, 10 days in the southern Caribbean after a long winter.

Have been on many cruises, but this was the first and last for Holland America.

Called there front desk, couldn't get an answer.

Food was ok, staff was great, but the ship should have been retired.

Couldn't wait to get off the ship.

I WOULD SUGGEST YOU READ OTHER REVIEWS ON HOLLAND AMERICA.

Definitely not a cruise line I would recommend.
1salty dog’s Full Rating Summary