3. Vision of the Seas
We chose Royal Caribbean's Southern Caribbean itinerary since it included several places we had never been to (Aruba, Curacao and Grand Cayman). I have to say that what I want to talk about most is our concierge Mangesh (MJ). If we asked him to do something, he made it happen, including a party in our room. We were in room 8001 which was 2 doors down from the bridge. We got to know the Captain (Marek) who we found to be extremely charming - and he is a rocker! (based on his performance with other staff - he did It's My Life by Bon Jovi). He is from Poland, but does not like Polish food! I asked if he could make me some pierogies, but he declined (LOL). We did go up to the special lounge for suite guests each evening before dinner and it was nice. Not loud as some have said. It has been more than 4 months since this cruise (11/21/15 - 11/30/15), so my recollections may not be perfect. We do remember that Abraham took care of us every evening in the suite lounge and he deserved the generous tip we gave him in the end. Of the three tours we booked, 2 were cancelled and Mangesh came to the rescue for the one we wanted to rebook. He is truly amazing and I told some of the officers that they were lucky to have him. We wanted to meet his girlfriend but she was coming on board the day we departed. Oh well - I told Mangesh we wanted to come to the wedding. He told me there would be three - one on the ship and one in both Columbia and India. Our room steward was very good - he did his thing without interrupting anything. We did not know he was there except for the room being perfect each day. Some folks did not rate this cruise highly, but we were very happy with everything. (Okay, the breakfasts were mediocre). As we are used to smaller ships (Oceania which has only 685 passengers), we never felt like there were more than 2000 on board. We did go to all the specialty restaurants and they were great. Izumi was very nice and I got to cook my entree which was fun. Chops Grille was excellent and we had dinner there with our two new friends - Charlie and Larry from Tampa. Now we live in New England with lots of native Italians and fabulous Italian food, but Giovanni's measured up. I especially loved our table there with the nice view of the sea (we eat early so the sun was still up). We did do the Chef's Table on two nights and both meals were amazing. The wine was perfectly paired with each course and I ate things I may not have eaten anywhere else. As for the ports of call, since we did tours we did not see much, except in Curacao. That's where I got my new sapphire jewelry (earrings, necklace, ring and bracelet). My husband said "Merry Christmas" and that was fair. He did still buy me several things for the big day. Yes, I am spoiled. The only rain was when we were coming back from our tour in Aruba. It lasted about 10-15 minutes. No big deal. I must say that we will do Royal Caribbean again - hopefully on a ship where Mangesh is. I will try to keep up with him and what cruises he will be on. I have to say that this cruise was fun and memorable. Remember, you are responsible for having a good attitude and treating the people who want to make you happy with respect. That is how we are, so we are treated well.

The Concierge Made the Cruise Amazing for Us!

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Traveling TLC