3. Majesty of the Seas
This was our third cruise and our first with RCL. We have previously cruised with Disney and Carnival and both time it was in brand new ships. Given the spotty reviews and the age of the ship we were a little nervous about this cruise. Ultimately we had a great time, though. The Good The ship is very well maintained and clean. Service is great. Aside from some of the wear on the common area carpets, we hardly knew it for an older ship. Food in the dining room was great. It's smaller, but there are less people so we were always able to find somewhere to hang out where there weren't crowds. We had a room on deck nine which was close to the action, but never noisy. The only downside for some people might be the small old TV's, but I imagine these will be changed out during the upcoming refurb and we didn't watch ours. We loved Coco Cay. You could basically walk around the whole island and there are lots of out of the way places to explore. The fitness area is nice. The casino was fun. The Not Bad Food in the Windjammer was bleh and often cold. A lot of recycled items appeared over and over again. Also, there was little variety in the music. Basically there are two kinds of entertainment: Salsa/Latin Music and 70's lounge/disco music. We made the best of it, but seriously! The Uncontrollable The weather was windy and cold which basically put the pool deck out of commission for our entire cruise. We had a sunny day in Coco Cay but could not dock in Nassau. The "extra" sea day was actually nice, but we were unable to try out many of the on deck facilities during this cruise. As I mentioned above, we still had a great time. But if I were RCL I would put a little more money in the buffet quality and mix up the entertainment. We also found the similarities between our previous Carnival cruise and this RCL cruise a little weird. The stores carried the exact same items. The dining room menu was almost exactly the same. The buffet was similar (although I think Carnival had them beat on quality). Given that Carnival is generally cheaper I would lean towards them on a future cruise. I had heard from others that RCL was higher quality, but I did not see it.

Exceeded Expectations

The Not Bad

The Uncontrollable

manipogo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Clean. Well maintained. No complaints.
  Majesty of the Seas Deck Plans