3. Norwegian Breakaway
First of all, this is my third time on the Breakaway. Cruised last November to the Bahamas and cruised to Bermuda in May 2014. Each cruise was convenient and affordable as I live in Central Jersey. In all honesty I have been baffled by some of the reviews and can only say that although there are some areas for improvement, this is a beautiful ship, with very friendly and helpful staff, and outstanding entertainment. I say this having been on quite a few Carnival ships, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. In planning a cruise I think you need to consider the time of year you are going and what you may have to forsake as a result. For example I knew there was only a fifty fifty chance we would have great weather, and on this cruise the weather the weather was in the eighty's. The ship was able to dock at it's private island and I heard no complaints although I choose to stay on the ship this time around and chill out. One area that requires improvement is the wait time in Savor and Taste. Although when I did mention that we were in a rush so we wouldn't miss a show, we were served promptly. Although in a good restaurant, you would expect to be there for over an hour, you do expect to not sit and wait for long periods of time between courses. I also preferred it in the old days when the main dining rooms offered different selections. The food overall was good. Concerns regarding smoke in the casino is legitimate and efforts should be made to improve the ventilation. There are three banks of elevators but they are not mid ship as some people prefer. This space is taken up by the Atruim and a stairwell. In planning your cruise you should take a look at the deck plans or speak to NCL staff prior to securing your cabin. I have stayed forward and midship and found both to be convenient, it all depends on where you like to eat and hang out. The options in turns of entertainment, bars, and areas to just mix with other cruisers is excellent. I would say if you have issues with crowds and kids "taking over the ship", then you probably should not travel when kids are off from school and that goes for any ship or any family orientated vacation for that matter. In summary, I have not disagreed with any of the positive reviews that I have recently read, and I can honestly say you should hold the negative ones suspect. Sometimes issues arise and people may have a bad experience or "incident" but it is no reason to trash the entire ship and crew. Whenever I have needed assistance, the staff have went out of there way to be helpful. I also lost my IPhone on the ship and it was returned to lost and found. That made my day! Additionally, if you are on the ship in the role as "critic" and looking for issues and something to complain about, you will wind up making mountains out of molehills therefore ruining what could have been an enjoyable and relaxing experience for you good or bad weather.

Exceeded Expectations!

VictoriaDouglas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M2 10168
Had a guaranteed cabin which turned out to be mid ship! Alma, cabin steward was excellent. Anticipated our needs. Never had to ask for anything.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins