3. Caribbean Princess
Not much to be said for the post refit shambles that was to be seen in port both to begin and end our vacation. Some things are out of control and I would best describe them as too many people on such a small road leading to a port that cannot cope with the volume and the security and logistical issues that come about when 5000 people come together in an unfinished embarkation area. I believe this problem is rampant throughout the islands of the caribbean. Incomplete and constantly upgrading ports to accommodate volumes that are beyond the scope of the small towns and cities that are trying to benefit from the influx of vacationing crowds. The major complaint seems to be that no information was provided at any time during the process, nor were the people provided with adequate rest areas or refreshments for such a long delay. Well!! Enough about the small annoyances, because that's how we treated them, most people we talked to had it worse than we did, but most that we spoke to didn't let it spoil their overall impression of the time we spent on our home away from home for the Southern journey. Thank goodness for a crew and entertainment, they wiped nearly all memory of sunday from our minds almost immediately. The wonderful food and great shows were much appreciated even though we must admit to overindulging in both. But that is what cruising is all about. Kudos to the wait and housekeeping staff for their wonderful attention and sunny dispositions even though I'm sure they saw a lot of sour faces the first day or two after finally leaving San Juan. Never having dreamed of being so far from home as to see the mainland of South America, I can safely say that I was amazed at the variety of islands that we were to see on a 7 day cruise. Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica, and St. Thomas. Each had it's own flavor and sights and yet they all provided a wonderful getaway from our everyday life. But it's the people you meet and the ones you travel with that make your vacation memorable. Wonderful tour guides and colorful locals provided an insight into the constant political changes and violent weather that these peoples must overcome. Had a wonderful glass bottom boat tour on Aruba with some beautiful schools of fish being hand fed from under the boat by one of our guides. Very nice bus ride to and from the pier with some local information about the different resorts thrown in. Did a private snorkeling adventure with some shipmates on Bonaire, followed by an impromptu tour of the salt flats and the southern tip and windward side of the island which really showed us how much our oceans have been spoiled by refuse and garbage that seems to pile up in the most windswept of locations. Did the spice tour and saw the volcano lake and hot sulfur springs, which really brings the term, rotten eggs to life. Really have to respect the ability of the drivers on the islands of Grenada and Dominica. Those roads are really some challenge to the skill and nerve of the tour drivers and they should be commended for keeping their customers safe and well entertained with both the history and the diversity of their respective islands. Their pride and enthusiasm are very evident. St. Thomas was our only repeat from our first cruise and we enjoyed our 2nd island tour with Sonny Liston and can't help but admire this beautiful island and our stop at Coki beach. Wonderful sand and snorkeling, along with a great island tour are a sure way to finish our 7 days in paradise on a wonderful high. I wouldn't be truthful if I said everything was smooth sailing but as the saying goes, "A bad day on vacation is better than a good day at work." I believe all of the wonderful people we met on our trip would have been more than happy to join the large number of passengers who were doing B2B cruises and stay aboard for a second week to enjoy yet another group of islands and excursions on this absolutely immense ship. Her crew should be very proud of both the ship itself and their part in making our stay aboard her a pleasure and a lot of fun. 2 cruises and numerous sighting of her from both near and far and I can still say, the Caribbean Princess still takes my breath away. Not much more to say except, "Yes I did miss Bert Straton." But I'll still remember a wonderful cruise with Princess to the southern caribbean.

Don't sweat the things you can't control.

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Mitchum

Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica, and St. Thomas.
Mitchum’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Cabin R343
R343 excellent starting point, near the midship stairs to the pools and the elevators to go belowdecks to the restaurants and shows. No noticable noises from the upper decks at all. Same to be said for R514 from our first cruise in 07 which was laid out differntly but seemed to have about the same amount of room. No complaints about either room. Both great locations by the center stairs and elevators and both very quiet.
  Caribbean Princess Deck Plans