• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ALMartin53
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

I don't think that I have ever written a review before, but I do wish to say that the NCL Escape is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. It is a lot like the Getaway, just larger with a few added shopping/dining choices.

Getting on and off the ship went very smoothly and quickly. I chose to carry my own luggage off the ship due to an early flight time. I also took a taxi to Miami International Airport for only $24. in lieu of sitting on a bus and waiting for the bus to fill.

My cabin was balcony #11176. A very nice room right next to the elevators/stairs. I never hear the elevators and the location was so convenient for me to get around the ship. The only thing that was deficient in the cabin was a lack of closet space. There was only one small closet, enough for perhaps 1-2 people. The cabin slept up to 4 people, so I don't know where any additional people would put there clothes. There were absolutely no drawers. Just a few shelves in the closet and near the TV. I ordered room service once and was charged $7.95 for that service. That seems excessive, since I only wanted a snack.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin BE

Very nice, except a lack of closet space and no drawers.

Port Reviews

St. Thomas

Very nice ride to/from the beach. Great crew. Beach was nothing special. Rocky and grassy bottom. I wouldn't go back.

Nassau

Great excursion if you are tired of the beach. City Tour included on the way to/from the Zoo. I wouldn't go again, but I would recommend this to others.

Miami

Not sure why I have to rate this, since I took no excursion in Miami.

previous reviewnext review