3. Norwegian Dawn
This was our second time on the Dawn, we were not overly impressed 2years ago about the pool layout, and the lack of Great outdoors. However, this trip surpassed my expectations. Embarkation was fast and seamless. We had fantastic service at all locations, Main dinning rooms, Specialty Restaurants, Bars, shore excursion desk, Photo Gallery, Guest services. Everyone we spoke to always had a smile, and kind words. Our cabin was ready quickly and we met our steward within mins of entering our cabin. I asked him for a couple of things and they were there in mins. We saw our steward every day of the cruise, he was always cheerful and always asked if everything was alright and if we needed anything. We had one issue with one of the excursions we had booked through NCL, when we went to the desk to give them our feedback on this tour, more so to let them know the operators were not very professional nor did they provide us with the excursion we had signed up for. The NCL staff member immediately took down all the info, and gave us what we thought was a 20% refund for our trouble, which we were more then satisfied with. A couple of days later I got a print out of our account, only to see that we not only got the 20% we also got a full refund. I was extremely happy and pleasantly surprised. This was a Repo cruise the islands were all beautiful, I would do this same trip again sometime it was that good. We did book another vacation for next year, A Back to Back on the Gem out of Puerto Rico. Now the countdown to then.

Fantastic Service, Awesome Itinerary ....Best vacation to date.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Brightongal8

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Brightongal8’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 10108
nothing special, but the bed is comfy, enough space for all our stuff.(too much stuff) it was kept very clean. Love having the balcony door open for fresh air.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    Great Fun. although there is drinking onboard this trip is great for kids, they are treated very well. We did 3 stops one was on a Wreck which was pretty cool, the next was a shallow spot, very pretty the 3rd was close to shore, where we all could jump off the rope swing, pretty exciting. They gave us a meal also which was very good. The people at the shop were very helpful when we got back. Would do this again.
    View All 166 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    One of the best snorkeling trips we have been on. The tour operators are very professional, you knew that each guest was important to them. This would be suitable for anyone at any level, since you were split up in groups according to your comfort level. Highlight, I got to swim with Turtles.
    View All 151 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Boston
    We spent a couple a days pre cruise. We stayed at the 463 Beacon St Guest House. although it was beautiful looking, the service was non existing and walking up to the 4th floor with tons of luggage was not good. We did the Hop on Hop off and it was fantastic. We went to the "boston tea Party museum" that was fantastic and I would recommend it to all.
    View All 667 Boston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Boston Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Wonderfully beautiful Island "Passion Island" the water was a little seaweedy, but ok, loved the hammocks in the water. Lots of room for everyone plenty of sun and shade. Drinks and buffet was included. Gift shops onsite. Organized beach games. Great way to end a Great vacation
  • Deep Sea Fishing
    Boat ride was a little rough, fish were not biting...not the fault of the tour operator, but would not do this again. Was extremely expensive, but worth the chance of getting a big one.
    View All 13,789 Deep Sea Fishing Reviews
  • Stingray Swim
    Was very disappointed in this, the tour operators onboard did not seem to know what they were doing. there were only two of them. My husband and I are experienced snorkelers, however the other 8 couples were not, they were given no directions, the equipment was sub par. They gave us no instructions on how to interact with the sting rays. Which was ok since they did not take us to where we thought we were going. We swam in 12-14ft of water instead of the 4 ft that was advertised. we saw 4 rays, that was it. The second half was a reef, which was pretty good, but again for the people who were not strong swimmers this was not good for them.
    View All 743 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Dolphin Swim
    loved Dolphin Cove, swimming with the Dolphins was amazing. My husband also swam with the nurse sharks. The entire park was beautiful, and the people were great. There is lots to see and do there, food, a bar, a beach. other animals and crafters and gift shops. Wish we had just stayed there.
    View All 19 Dolphin Swim Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    although the falls and the park are beautiful. Having to walk through a village of very aggressive vendors was horrible to say the least. I was near tears by the time we left. Would never go there again. I don't think I ever want to go to Jamaica again.
    View All 264 Dunn's River Falls Reviews
  • Rainforest
    we had never seen a rainforest before so this was great. We liked the bus tour our guide was very informative. We got out of the bus 3 times for pictures. It was an easy laid back non rushed excursion.
    View All 115 Rainforest Reviews