Viking Bragi Cruise Review

Viking Bragi Cruise Review by MARK GUSTAFSOB

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

We wanted to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday in a special way and we could not have asked for a better way to do so. The whole trip was AMAZING! From only having to unpack & pack once (ok, it was twice because of the low level of water in the Danube-but Viking can't control everything) while getting to visit interesting out of the way towns and attractions in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Hungary was an absolute joy. The staffs on both river ships the Bragi and her sister ship Skadi made us feel right at home. They were quick to learn our preferences (such as having our ice bucket filled each morning) and fulfilling them without us having to prompt them.

Our cruise director, Roos, was very knowledgable and charismatic, making this trip unforgettable . We had excellent daily tour guides that made each stop both informative and fun. The audio sets used by the guides allowed me to wander and linger behind our group to take the photographs that I wanted while not missing any of their knowledge or humor. The two weeks spent with Viking not only provided us with unforgetable memories but also new life long friendships. Upon our return, when I have been asked how our trip went, my consistent reply has been "If you can afford it, you should absolutely experience a Viking River Cruise." The only thing that I would change, if we were do it all over again, would be to extend our time in both Amsterdam and Budipest, but due to my work responsibilities, that was not possible.

MARK GUSTAFSOB's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 317

We found our cabin to be clean and comfortable. The available space was used efficiently. The balcony added both space and additional natural lighting, though for the most part it was too cool for us to use it as much as we thought we might, it did give us an amazing view of the lighted Parliament Building as we pulled into Budapest at 11 PM.

MARK GUSTAFSOB