• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

artwithangel
First Time Cruiser • Age 80s

Sail Date: Aug 2015
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

My first cruise ever. We were treated wonderful for the most part on the Oden. The food was great! The cabin was more than adiquite and the boat was wonderful. Going down the rivers were great. We did encounter a problem in the service the last evening we were there by the servers. They were usually servicing a group of ladies at thier table and another couple came and sat there, we joined them. We were one of the first in the dining room and the last served, feeling somewhat snubbed .

The main problem was the shore excursions with many groups of people and lots of tours around us. I like going to a place, taking time to learn and absorb. The hotels were fine, although far away from elevators and such. I think it is just what my needs are. I am an artist and would have liked to just sit and sketch more and take time to learn more about the people and the envirament. We did have some time at one of the German towns. I did a little sketching while waiting for the bus. My husband did not like being withen crowds of people all the time.

Veranda Stateroom

Very adiquite. We spent most of the time above.

Port Reviews

Nuremberg

I was very hot out and ankles swollen and hurting. Would have liked to go through the museum.

Heidelberg

Wanted to rest the ankles a bit. Just enjoyed the boat ride.

previous reviewnext review