3. Carnival Splendor
I had been on the Carnival Legend twice 2003 and 2004. I didn't find the Splendor to be as outdated and worn as some of the reviews I read on this site. Embarkation was very smooth and went pretty fast. We were on the ship be about 1:15. The cabins were almost ready. We went to have lunch on the Lido deck. My first disappointment was the food selection. It looks as though Carnival is catering to the League of Nations, not Americans. I really had a hard time making up my mind. On all other cruise lines I have been on, They had a pasta station where a person fried up pasta with your choice of condiments. Not so on Carnival. I was very disappointed that there was not an Italian Restaurant on the ship. Most other ships also have one. I am not really that hard to please. I could eat pasta all the time, but there really wasn't that much offered. All the Cabin stewards and their assistants and the waiters and their assistants were great. The cabin was always clean and they knew us by name. The waitresses and waiters were fine also. I'm sorry I can't spell their names to give them praise for their good work. They work very hard and long hours. One more thing, The Casino is smoke filled. They have one row designated non-smoking backed up to a smoking row. Doesn't even come close to working. They should have it sectioned off for smokers and non-smokers. I believe I'll be going back to Norweigan for my next cruise.

Very good except for the food

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by gomgar38

gomgar38’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C
The cabin (7356) was kept neat and clean by our room Steward and His assistant. Clean towels were always given when needed. There was always ice in the ice bucket. I give these workers an A for their efforts.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins