3. Oasis of the Seas
My husband and I went on this cruise as an anniversary trip. I had been on Oasis of the Seas before and Allure of the Seas twice (to me they are the EXACT same ship!). ENTERTAINMENT: I love Oasis and Allure because of all the options for entertainment and activities. The cruise director, Ricky Matthews is very fun and introduced every show we attended. We only stayed for 1/2 of CATS, it was just too long and with no real plot, my husband and I got bored. We did see the headliner for the week, Mo5aic, twice, they were great! The ice skating show was better than Allure's in our opinion and we thought the aqua theater shows were great too. There were several comedians also and we enjoyed their show one evening. PORTS OF CALL/EXCURSIONS: We actually did not get off the boat at all; we had been to all the ports multiple times over the past several years so we didn't see the need to get off and do the same excursions. We enjoy staying on the boat and getting our choice of pool chairs and the pool all to ourselves. DINING: It is unfortunate that so many places require an additional payment, however, my husband and I are simple eaters at home so cruise meals are better than anything we normally prepare ourselves so we were happy eating breakfast at the Windjammer or Johnny Rockets (free for breakfast), park cafe for lunch, and the main dining room for dinner. As always we enjoyed the soft serve yogurt, pizza, and cafe promenade for snacks. For first time cruisers though, it is a little confusing figuring out which places are included in your original price and which ones are extra. We did purchase the coke package. SERVICE: I love being catered to on cruises. Our dining room staff (Ronald and Tricia) were great and our room was always kept up. I always noticed crew members cleaning (vacuuming, dusting, cleaning windows, painting, etc.). For having over 6,000 patrons on board, in my opinion, the ship is very well taken care of. CABIN: This year my husband and I decided to get a balcony room that overlooked Central Park. It was nice but next time I think I would either pay a little more and get an ocean balcony room or just go back to the "caves" of the interior rooms. We enjoyed letting light into our room but I am not sure the price was worth it. FINAL COMMENTS: I will say that we are normally spring break cruisers. All five of my previous cruises have been in early April. I noticed several differences between spring break and summer cruises. One: (totally obvious but still...) VERY HOT. The weather difference was crazy. I know it seems dumb but it was A LOT hotter. AND HUMID. This caused the pools to be very crowded at times. Two: MORE PEOPLE. There were just way more people than I ever remember being on the boat. The line for the flow rider was long, sometimes twenty people (if you want to do the flow rider with no wait then go first thing in the morning on days when you are in a port---thats when we got to do the flow rider with no waiting). It was hard to find chairs both in the shade and in the sun if you are a late riser. Overall we loved our vacation. I have realized there will always be unhappy patrons and it is impossible to please everyone! Royal Caribbean has always been a great cruise line for us and our experiences have caused us to be loyal to them for the time being.

Sixth Cruise on RCI; 2nd on Oasis of the Seas