3. Norwegian Jade
We headed out from the well located and cozy Hotel Campiello via Alilaguna to the port. It was nice not having to change boats to get to the port, after you get off its a short walk to the terminal. Once in the terminal, embarkation was fantastic! Best I've ever seen. Minimal waiting, extremely well organized--they even had separate baggage drop off areas for front and back of ship. Room was ready and immaculately clean upon boarding the ship. And, I must say, I LOVE having a balcony on a cruise! Good things about the cruise: Entertainment was awesome! The Elements show is amazing for a cruise ship. I actually thought it was better than Cirque de Soleil. The Jade band is excellent. We saw them play Dixieland, Jazz, and Glenn Miller favorites--all superb. Twice as Nice is an act not be missed, they play Motown favorites with authority--one of them used to be in the Commodores! Other shows in the evening were also very good, there was an extremely talented Russian acrobat couple, and 4ever is a very good quartet of European singers. Food was good. We were very happy with the Grand Pacific dining room located two floors below our cabin. Service was very friendly and we always found tasty things on the menu, particularly the seafood items. Teppanyaki was as good as any we've had. The chef was very entertaining and the food good. I would once again recommend the seafood items. Le Bistro was awesome for the jazz brunch, but I must say the menu is getting old for their dinners. I like their duck two ways, but its the same on every cruise....also, some of their appetizers need improvement--the scallops were not tasty at all. Deserts at Le Bistro were wonderful. A nice surprise was the German buffet (with the Jade band playing Oompah music), sausage, pork shank, schnitzel....I ate too much.... Things to improve: The food and beverage director either needs to be replaced or needs to pay more attention to his bars. For example, during the wonderful Twice as Nice shows there was 1 bartender serving, and he was frazzled. It was very hard to get served (he ignored us even after he said he would be right there). In general the bar staff seemed overworked and not friendly. Hawaii decor needs to go. Hey, this ship is in Europe all year! Hawaii decor in the french restaurant?? Really???!!

Nice Cruise; Couple Points to Improve

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by ejincali

Good things about the cruise:

Things to improve:

ejincali’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD 9652
Nice side view balcony. Bed was comfortable, AC worked very well and cooled the room off fast. Really like the bathroom arrangement with three compartments for shower, sink, and toilet.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins