3. Magellan
Our cabin was clean and tidy, it’s a pity the tap in the bathroom came off in my wife’s hand and it took over 4 hours before it was fixed. The Air-conditioning was noisy and the knob to turn it off was stuck, eventually I forced it off but unfortunately unknown to us the aircon was masking a constant loud ticking noise which seemed to come from the ceiling. The Cabin staff had a poor command of English and I couldn’t make myself understood and in the end they just walked away from me. The 1st day a problem arose with the toilet system all the cabins on our deck wouldn’t flush and it took several hours to fix the problem. As a way of compensation CMV gave us £50 to spend off our Passenger Account bill and if we booked another cruise a 25% discount would be applied. On the 2nd day at sea we had a strong smell of diesel in our cabin; I looked on both sides of the ship to see if a refuelling tanker was along side, but alas there wasn’t. Although it didn’t affect us one of the restaurants had an unplanned water feature pouring from the ceiling during Breakfast and was evacuated. Our restaurant was very good for Breakfast and Dinner the only complaint would be the same for all cruise ships they have no idea how to make tea. We were also surprised that tea and coffee making faculties are not available in our cabin; we were informed that this was due to health & Safety, we have never heard so much rubbish, and we could easily spill hot water on ourselves in the restaurant. If you want a sense of adventure the Magellan is for you, if not stay clear.

Magellan Cruise to Amsterdam and Antwerp; An Unforgettable Experience

Magellan Cruise Review by ten-percent

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Europe

If you want a sense of adventure the Magellan is for you, if not stay clear.
ten-percent’s Full Rating Summary