3. Britannia
The good points. Service with the stewards and waiters good as always, better than Cunard. Food reasonable, better than Cunard in the self service. The destinations were great but P+O didn't build them The ship does well in rough seas Embarkation and debarkation were good, no issues there Bar prices better than the US ships The bad points The ship is new, so the doors dont work properly, you wait forever for a lift and there is a gale blowing through the self service eating place. Food was pretty good but was in bed with very bad stomach for two days. As we only ate on board and it was day 9 we know where we were made ill, guys cook the chicken properly. We were aft on floor 11. It creaked and shuddered the whole trip, even in a dead calm and in port. We lost sleep the whole holiday, dreadful. If you likes queues you will love Brittania, customer service, the shows, the bars, well pretty much everywhere. I had 90 minutes with the Customer services manager with a promise of feedback, it didn't happen. I pointed out that the Theatre was the same size as on ships with half the passengers so you couldn't see the shows unless you turned up an hour early. Even when we did (in the live lounge for the Beatles tribute) the mass of people came and in and stood in front of us so we saw their legs (the Beatles). The group were great and took the P out of the ship, lifts, gale etc. The entertainment that we were able to see was great, couldn't get into the talks, full, the best bar at the front of the ship was routinely full. The cabin, the econo version???? Smaller than usual, no wardrobe just a hanging space and I was locked in the bathroom for an hour. Overall décor bland, sort of Ikea meets Premier Inn. They didn't apparently use a ship fitting out company to do the job but a Hotel company? I can stay in a Novotel or Premier Inn anywhere thanks. It has a fridge but not stocked. The Art? Where did they get it, Poundland, truly bland and none at all in the corridors to the rooms, brighten the place up for goodness sake? The activities are firmly based on the over 60's, we are 55 and 47 and felt let down. The Library tiny and more often than not shut. Overall, its too big for the facilities provided. It feels bland and like a moderate chain Hotel. I tried to raise the issues with the Customer services manager but after 90minutes I gave up, he was going to pour out company line regardless. He advised that If I wanted luxury try another line in the group, if I didn't want to queue try Adonia etc. In effect don't bother with Britannia. Don't worry, I wont, pretty poor overall.

Very disapointing and of course no response form Customer Services

Britannia Cruise Review by pheath

The good points.

Service with the stewards and waiters good as always, better than Cunard.

Food reasonable, better than Cunard in the self service.

The destinations were great but P+O didn't build them

The ship does well in rough seas

Embarkation and debarkation were good, no issues there

Bar prices better than the US ships

The bad points

It has a fridge but not stocked.

The Library tiny and more often than not shut.

pheath’s Full Rating Summary