• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Costa Fortuna Review

Editor Rating

Costa Fortuna should have been called Cost a Fortune.

Review for Costa Fortuna to Norwegian Fjords
arusha123
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin: Single Inside Classic

8.5 euros each day is exorbitant The service we received was not worth 2 euros a day.I note it is mentioned 6 euros a day in a previous review but we were asked to pay 8.5 euros. with no get out clause. Entertainment on board was good on three occasions, Sury Boltman first and last night and the ventriloquist. Although the show company tried very hard, the singers could not sing in tune although the dancers tried hard. The comic act on the 4th or 5th night was atrocious very suitable for a 4 year old maybe not for adults - a very puerile performance. In all, very amateur performances. The level of noise and lights strobing all the time was excessive.

In the restaurant we were often served the wrong food which we had to point out to the waiters. No fresh water at the table, ridiculous to have to pay for mineral water I have been on 5 star ships and 3 star ships with far superior service. The beef served one day was red raw I didn't have it but my friend did and I would have sent it back my fish was sometimes overcooked, the only really decent part of the meal was the dessert which was good. Often a long wait between courses. All the ships I have been on include a coffee to finish off the meal, and fresh water at the table, I do not drink alcohol.

In my cabin on all other ships and I include river cruise ships, there was always a kettle and tea bags and coffee making possibilities - nothing like this existed on your ship.

Single Inside Classic

Cabin CI

The cabin was a good size and was always kept clean.

Port Reviews

Bergen

I took a hop on hop off bus and had a good time.

Amsterdam

I did not go ashore because the weather was foul and I had been to Amsterdam before.

Stavanger

Went on a hop on hop off bus walked around and spent some time ashore

4 Helpful Votes