3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was our very first cruise and I was a little nervous after reading so many negative reviews. We LOVED it! We sailed on Carnival Ecstasy which is the oldest ship in the Carnival line. The staff was wonderful. We were NOT hounded to buy beverages. We were not hounded for "extra" tips. Some of the food was better than others but that is to be expected when you are eating off a buffet. All in all, there is something somewhere on that ship for you to find that is delicious to eat! My favorite part: Seeing my husband so relaxed! His favorite thing to do each morning was to grab a cup of coffee (and possibly an ice cream cone!) and sit out on the deck at the back of the ship. He usually had the whole place to himself at 5-5:30 in the morning! The beds were comfortable also. Rooms seemed more than adequate in size. We packed for 5 days but actually had way more clothes than we needed. Dress up night doesn't have to be as formal as you might think. Some men wore button up shirts, no tie, not jacket while others went all out. Some women wore sun dresses while others wore prom-type dresses. Anything goes! The travel service to and from the airport went smoothly. If your primary goal is to get away from all the stresses of life and just relax this is a perfect plan. We didn't take our kiddos so I can't review on the child entertainment part of the vacation. We loved the serenity adult only deck! Our next trip is planned through Carnival on Glory and we decided to make arrangements on our own vs. a travel agent (long story) and the rep at Carnival who is our contact has been wonderful to work with. We went on one excursion in Cozumel to the Myan Ruins w/ a beach stop on the return trip to the ship. My friends enjoyed the ruins. I was bored but I'm not really into history. It was mostly a lecture style history lesson. Guide was very informative but not much to really see. The beach was disappointed. Murky water and sharp rocks to walk over. Don't recommend that excursion unless you are a history buff. I highly recommend this cruise line!

Loved it!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by cruisenchick

cruisenchick’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D
We stayed in an ocean view room and really enjoyed it. Plenty of room and closet space for two. Not in the room much any way so we weren't too picky...originally signed up for an interior to save money. Got an upgrade for $20 each.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Mayan Village and Beach
    Good for history buffs. Not so much for me. Not much to look at but the guide was informative and friendly and fun. Beach wasn't exciting. Lots of murky water and sharp rocks. Couldn't snorkel - water too dirty with silt being disturbed. Wear water shoes of some kind to protect feet from rocks.
    View All 56 Mayan Village and Beach Reviews