3. Carnival Ecstasy
I've previously been on a Carnival cruise, and had a decent experience- good, friendly service, overall good food, a clean room with no issues in it. The cheaper Carnival cruises all seem to be budget cruises- small rooms, lack of amenities in comparison to other cruise lines, less food options, and small/few pools. But this trip was particularly bad. Though budget, what I got for the cost was not even worth it. The food in the sit-down dining and buffet were both bad. Sit-down downing, we waited an hour and a half at our table for our entrees. Bread came after our appetizers, which took about 30 minutes. Bar service did not make it to us, so we never got drinks at dinner. In the buffet, the wait time was shorter in the lines but the food was often cold and lacked flavor even more than the sit-down dining did. Lines were long, tables were often dirty. Our room was small, as expected. We slept 4 in a room, and they did not put the upper bunks away during the day on some occasions, leaving us with no seating below. Our belongings were moved that did not need to be, yet we weren't given clean drinking glasses. Items in the bathroom were never refilled. Our AC also made a lot of noise. Service was generally rude and unhelpful. We had some great people, but were shocked by how many employees were blatantly rude. Servers did not greet tables, but rather just walked up and asked you to order, and would get upset if we weren't ready. Staff in the shopping area were aggressive. I was sorely disappointed. We only watched 1 comedy show and it was awful, so we did not watch the others. The other shows were decent. There is 1 pool on the entire ship- for over 2000 people. It gets absolutely packed. there are 2 jacuzzis there as well, which were constantly full. The only way to get near the pool was to get there early. There are a good number of bars. Some drinks were tasty, but all were overpriced. Generally $6 hard ciders/beers/hard lemonades. $10 for martinis, $9 for other cocktails. Embarkation went smoothly, disembarkation was okay. Travel between the ship and Half Moon Cay was horrible. We waited in a long line, and it took almost an hour to get off the ferry onto the boat because they were so disorganized. I felt that the cruise was a waste of money. I enjoyed my time in Nassau, but could've just taken a trip there. Half Moon Cay has very little to see or do, and everything costs extra- umbrellas are $20, bottles of water, everything. I'd recommend skipping this cruise.

You don't even get what you pay for

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by kiarae