3. Norwegian Epic
I took my Mom to her first European trip. Since she has mobility issues, I arranged all the necessary specialty assistance possible. The transport from the airport to the port was smooth. However, it was completely chaotic at the port processing. I booked a Haven suite which has special checkin line for all Haven suite guests. The person whom greeted us upfront has absolutely no clue where to send us. The special assistance line is right next to the Haven suite guest checkin line and that was where we waited. We were the only people waited there. After the whole 5 min, no one even paid attention to us. There was a guy running around trying to provide guidance to other guests, I got his attention and he said that he would get us some help, especially my Mom can't stand for too long. But he NEVER CAME BACK TO US. It was awful! Finally, there was a second woman came to the Haven Suite checkin desk, and I went up to her for checkin. Apparently, there is no manner or politeness needed .... The Haven suite was amazing. The personal Concierge and Butler service was worth the money. Our steward was also attentive. However, the so-called mobile phone available to us to reach them has no battery attached to it. It took 2 days to locate it... Since this is a 3day weekend, it rendered useless. There was a "Haven Grill" restaurant for Haven Suite Guests. I found torn fabric chair. I took a picture of it as well. Its menu is lack of vegetarian options. Disappointing. But overall, the Haven suite experience was great due to the great service from David, Jomar and Ronald. The specialty restaurants do have better quality of food. But again it lacks of vegetarian options. The Maitre'd left me a letter in my room to contact him as I indicated my vegetarian preference. But I called, he could do NOTHING for me. Since I have been to all the locations on this cruise, I chose excursions that fitted my Mom's physical capabilities. Needless to say that most of the crowd on these excursions had some kind of mobility issues. I am quite surprised the lack of Norwegian's lack of attention to special assistance needs as over 50% of the passengers are at retirement age.

Nice Short 3 Day Retreat

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by IzyChnCruise

IzyChnCruise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Best cabin that I ever stayed on a cruise ship. The bed is a bit too soft for my Mom. The steward set up the sofa as the bed for Mom and it worked perfectly. My Mom enjoyed her bath in the nice big and deep tub. I love the Expresso Machine. It was really a nice touch. I will definitely choose this cabin again.
  Norwegian Epic Deck Plans

• City Tour
    The bus did not stop at the sightseeing locations. Too much walking for people with mobility difficulties. We had to abandon the second site and sat at a cafe for an hour.
    View All 254 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    The tour guide was very nice. People with mobility difficulties were able to stay on the bus. It was a very pleasant bus ride to see all the major sites. But I wish we could actually enter the castle and the cathedral.
    View All 66 City Tour Reviews
  • Valldemossa
    Lovely town but very limited bathroom availability. Most people spent most of the time waiting for the bathroom. .
    View All 26 Valldemossa Reviews