• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

BizTrvlr
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

If all you want is a low priced vacation and you live in the Tri-State area this is a good option, but do not go out of your way to board this ship if your expectations are anything but low.

The cliental seem to think white sneakers and a T-shirt is appropriate attire 24/7. Even in restaurant that request gentleman wear a jacket, most men wore golf shirts - the guy next to me was in green rubber Crocs. In the "fancy" brightly lit restaurant called The Grande, the server stared at me like I had two heads when I asked for a Grey Goose Martini - she brought me a frozen margarita instead... we tried most of the specialty restaurants and they all had the bland taste that you would expect when the kitchen is cooking for 3,000 passengers.

Most restaurants were too bright, most menus were soiled and the views from the restaurants were of the corridor's filled with passengers wondering around aimlessly. It felt like we were eating in a sad shopping mall.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Totally agree with the other reviews - the cabins are nice and have lots of storage. What was missing was service. On day one we used some beer, snacks and waters from the mini bar. I asked 3 times and they were never replaced or restocked (mini bar had hotel like prices so Its not like the contents were free). On day one I asked stateroom attendant for a robe and gave him a $40.00 tip, he brought me a robe, but day 2 I only received turn down service - not morning service and day 4 I only received morning service, no turn down. Worst of all is the stateroom attendant had the worst body odor I have ever smelled - my cabin was uninhabitable for an hour each time he came in.

1 Helpful Vote