3. Disney Magic
We sailed in celebration of our tenth anniversary,along with a dear friend who lives in Orlando. We had two cabins. This was my second, our friend's 11th and my husband's first cruise. We loved it. We were on the Disney Magic on the 6th deck, in inside cabins. That part I would do differently on another cruise. I missed seeing the outside and felt a little trapped at night in the utter darkness of the inside cabin. It would be fine if we were never in the cabin, but we did spend enough time there to make the lack of a deck or porthole noticeable. The room was minuscule, but worked for just two people in ours through careful unpacking and organzing. The closet was almost too big. I would have loved some drawers in there instead. The food was excellent in the general restaurants and in Palo, where we dined one night. We chose the second seating. 8:15 was late for dinner for us, but it was relaxed without feeling the pressure of another group coming in behind, and I am sure there were fewer children up that late, making it dinner much calmer. Traveling as an adult group was fun. We kept busy enough, with down time when we wanted it and lots of places with quiet away from children when that was desired as well. The adult pool was crowded on our trip. And deck chairs anywhere were hard to come by. We usually found a some for the three of us after 10-15 minutes of scouring the ship. Castaway Cay was our favorite stop. The island is well thought out and staged, with lots to do from bikes and hikes to just sitting in the sun on the lovely beaches. We brought our own snorkeling equipment. It was much cheaper than the cost to rent on the island. The other two stops, Cozumel and Grand Cayman, felt like places to shop for merchandise made in China. None of the excursions offered really appealed to us. We were less than thrilled with our time on those islands and quickly headed back on the Magic. I think you have to have a sense of whimsy to sail as an adult on a Disney cruise. We are all Disney lovers. We are not drinkers, so avoided the bars and discos, but they do exist for adults interested in that sort of thing. We had our pictures taken with Disney characters, watched movies (including a just released in theaters that day comic book movie) and enjoyed the shows quite a bit. On a separate note, we were very grateful to the Disney team in helping us with a medical issue. My husband takes a daily injection that has to be kept uniformly cool. We were warned that the refrigerators in room were not designed to stay at a steady temp. They kept his medicine in a behind the scenes refrigerator that would protect the temp, and were very gracious about getting it for him each night.

Adult Disney Cruise

Annemtaylor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Magic price drops

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11A 6317
Very tiny and VERY dark. I missed natural light more than I thought I would. The size I had expected. The cabin was very clean and well maintained. There was not much noise other than the last night, when, for some reason, it was incredibly loud with conversations.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins