Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review
2,374 Reviews

I was afraid to ask what else could happen!!!!

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by LJLewis

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Let me start by saying I have been on 6 NCL ships and have NEVER had or experienced the problems I had on the Pearl. I saved the worst for last.

1) Lack of coordination for embarking due to flu outbreak ( we called it contagion). Delays is a understatement, I was not notified of outbreak and delays prior to arrival on pier. Packing of all passengers into common areas for hours was not only hazardous but very uncomfortable. Rooms were not ready for hours after embarkation and delayed sailing departure by 4 hours.

2)The contagion precautions became dreary and a overbearing part of the cruise.

3) The food in all "free" areas was lackluster in my opinion, very low quality. The actual "no touch" policy didn't bother me, it just took forever.

4) My stateroom 11592 flooded ruining most of our clothes.This was not handled with priority or urgency. I am still very upset and have contacted corporate.The total incompetency of housekeeping staff during the flood issue in my stateroom was stunning. They ruined the remaining clothes that were not affected by flood water with cleaning agents, it was just unbelievable! The SMELL/ODOR from my stateroom was HORRENDOUS and that doesn't even describe it. The smell actually permeated into the hall. The hall was also flooded and carpet was replaced the entire length of hall the next day, BUT NOT MY SUITE! They tried to mask it with room freshener. I was moved for the night into a lower deck cabin, to allow my stateroom to "air out".

All in all my vacation was ruined. I don't know if I will ever go on another NCL ship.

LJLewis's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11592

It was great until it flooded and smelled horrendous!!!!

LJLewis