3. Seven Seas Navigator
This was our first cruise and it could not have been more beautiful. We were treated like royalty the entire trip and wanted for nothing. We felt completely spoiled. Yes is was a smaller ship but that was the fun of it. Everything was more personal and the crew from top to bottom all tried to please. The only naysayers we encountered were a very few snobs with a sense of arrogance and entitlement. There is more activities on board than one can do , unless you never sleep! The shore excursions could be a little more replete in their explanations. For instance, the "jungle ATV trip" (Cozumel)does not go from point "A" to point "B" as it implies; it is all on a course and I guess for good reason, but you cover about a five-acre course that day. However, the guides and their crew were soooo accommodating we had a great time. The Belieze Mayan ruins were fantastic and the guides could not have been more wonderful and friendly. Roatan was our favorite. The guides on the snorkeling and kayaking went above and beyond their duties. We plan on going back just to visit this spot and meet those people again. Key West was extremely interesting, lots of history, and just plain fun. I would not recommend the glass bottom boat unless you're not prone to motion sickness. I would recommend the walking tour and the vehicle tour. At times there was some vibration on the ship, especially at the back end; but , Hey! , you're out on a ship on the ocean. The "suite" we had out-performed those on Crystal cruises and the bed was the best I ever slept in. The entertainers were far above what we expected for such a small venue. They worked hard and were flawless in their shows as well as Jimmy Travist, the musician/comedian. Our only regret was it ended too soon and we can't wait to go on another one with Regent. One last hint; book your cruise through Regent. We discovered too late that , had we done so, we could have had our airfare and motel included for what we paid.

Only snobs would complain

Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by DEAN GUNN

DEAN GUNN’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Navigator price drops

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 715
Could not have been better. Always clean. Always restocked. I told them please take away the Budweiser and bring Coors; no problem. The best bed I ever slept in and rocked to sleep every night. We loved our cabin but knew there was adventure outside too.

We had room service one morning and it was much more than expected. It made us feel guilty it was so indulgent. I'd recommend it.
Deck 8 Suite Cabins

• Roatan snorkeling and kayaking
    The water felt so great. No shock upon entering at all. Loads of colorful fish and coral. I cut my knee on some coral. It's been three weeks and still not healed. I was warned but goofed anyway. The guides were went above and beyond their duties to accommodate your wishes. We plan on returning just to spend a week there.
    View All 13,608 Roatan snorkeling and kayaking Reviews
  • Altun Ha
    Informative and friendly. We were somewhat taken aback at the extreme poverty. I would like to have had a concession on the wrought iron window bar business. Beautiful place but don't get too complacent.
    View All 169 Altun Ha Reviews
  • ATV Adventure
    We felt conflicted on this tour. It implied you traveled through the jungle but it really went around on about a five-acre course. The guides were so great it made the course fun. The "lunch at the beach" had one drawback that our guide corrected ( thanks Pedro!). A waiter from Wilson's bar brought us three tequila shots ( our guide who could not drink so I had his shot, my wife, and me ). We had told him we did not want any shots; I'd just gotten a double margarita after all. The waiter insisted "it's on the house." This turned out to be a scam because the bar manage hit me up for $24 ( and they weren't full shots; more like two-thirds ). I advised manager his waiter told us ( our guide too) it was on the house. About an hour later we were sitting with the cab drivers outside the resort and the owner of the Wilson bar and our guide found to to refund our money. I told the owner , "Hey , we drank the booze and I'll pay for it" he would not take no for an answer.

Overall the port of Cozumel was great but watch out for all the "hungry eyes" pushing photo-ops and other gimmicks. We scored some of our best shopping deals in Cozumel.
    View All 109 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Miami
    The food was great. However, it's a good thing I speak Spanish or we'd have up the probverbial creek! We went to a Wal Mart and it was an all Spanish speaking Wal-Mart. We had a great time but cab drivers and shuttle drivers told me it was their obligation to speak English but they don't like it. Basically, the whole part of town were were in , except for the restaurants and motels, spoke only Spanish, including the Anglos. We spoke more Spanish in Miami than Honduras. The mutuels clerk at the race track acted stunned when I went to cash a winning ticket and spoke to him in English. I switched to Spanish and all of O.K.
    View All 2,448 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Ocean Kayaking
    Fantastic. If anything it was far too short a trip. We want to go back and do it all day. It wasn't so much the sea floor that was attractive but the ocean itself and the shoreline. This place is only about 2.5 hours from Houston and the motels are great ( we checked them out ). The crime on the travel advisory is somewhere else and on the mainland. I didn't see near the cautionary issues on Roatan that I did on Cozumel. I have been a cop for 28 years and know what I'm talking about.

Try Roatan , you won't be disappointed.
    View All 8 Ocean Kayaking Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    This was our favourite excursion. So much so that we plan to return to spend a week or so there. Our guides went far above their duties to make our excursion a pleasant one. I had never snorkeled before. Steven and Shannon babied me and I got some great underwater shots with my movie camera.
    View All 303 Snorkeling Reviews