3. Celebrity Reflection
I wanted to rate this ship as 3.5 instead, but there is no half point scale. Background: This is my 5th cruise, first time with Celebrity. Previously, I've sailed with HAL (3 times) and DCL (once). I was travelling with my parents in the 50's. Embarkation: It was very disorganize compared to HAL and DCL. We arrived at 11:10 am and had to wait in line until 11:50 am before boarding started. The staffs were not very friendly and the waiting experience was terrible (compared to HAL and DCL). Previously, if we arrived early, HAL would give you a number and ask you to sit and wait until your number is called. Celebrity was fairly disorganized. People formed lines to get in and the people at the back of the line got to get in first (from another gangway). It was like a zoo. I guess if we arrived after noon, the overall experience would be better. My parents were not very pleased with the embarkation experience. Cabin: We had a balcony. The room is more compact compared to HAL and DCL's balconies. However, the layout was decent. There were less storage spaces compared to HAL and DCL. The bathroom had a nice design. The beds and pillows are not as comfortable as HAL and DCL. (Well, it is satisfactory but not great for the main bed, but the upper berth was a disaster. It was really hard and they give you flat pillow for the 3rd person in the room.) The air conditioning was weak. We turned to the lowest temperature and still felt the room was a bit stuffy and hot. Buffet: I felt there were not a lot of good "quality" or expensive food in the buffet. However, their baguette, ice creams, and scones were excellent. The desserts are not that great. You can get better desserts in the main dining room. The buffet is close to empty at night, but really busy in the mornings. Opus: Little selection in breakfast and lunch times. Overall, the food is decent, however it is a hit or a miss. Both of my meals during the formal nights were a miss. In the second formal night, the lobster had a nice presentation, but it was cold, tasteless, and not fresh. When the dining room is quiet in a late port day, the food tasted a lot better! I would say when the food (appetizer and entree) is cooked well, the taste is a bit better than HAL. Their desserts in Opus is a lot tastier than other major cruise lines. I observed they serve more inexpensive food in the main dining room compared to other major cruise lines, but they serve good quality of bread and desserts to keep me satisfied. Their portions are quite small as well, but towards the end of the cruise, I found they served bigger portions. I'm petite, so I prefer the smaller portions... but don't be surprise to see a chocolate lava cake that has a diameter of 1-1.25 inches... Even a petite person like me would need a second dessert! Services: Overall, I found most of the staffs were not very friendly and helpful on this cruise. You may find a few odd friendly waiters or attendants. My stateroom attendants were quite sloppy. I threw my dirty towel on the floor after a beach day. I expected to see clean towel after the show. However, when I came back, I saw no clean towels. There were towels hung up and when I touched them, they were wet! So I suspected they hung up my dirty towels from the floor. Not a true 5 star service! Ship: The ship is nice and clean. I like the modern design of the ship! There are always attendants in the public washroom nice and clean. Cafe al Bacio: Fast service, friendly staffs. However, I think the hot water is not very hot to make a good cup of tea. You can find hotter water in deck 14.

Decent Cruise

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by wahwah1

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)
I wanted to rate this ship as 3.5 instead, but there is no half point scale.

wahwah1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6285
Partially obstructed. There is half of the view non-obstructed (e.g. you could look down) and half of the view obstructed by the boat.

Air conditioning is poor. We had to turn to the lowest temperature every day and still felt stuffy. However, the room starts to cool off by 4 am in the middle of the night.
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins