Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by smith9
- Sail Date: March 2015
- Destination: Australia & New Zealand
- Cabin Type: Owner's Suite - 1 Bedroom
The overall experience on this cruise was poor due to numerous factors unlike the other 2 cruise which where magnificent but they were on the Rhapsody of the Seas.
The owners suite had problems from day 1.
(A) luggage was delayed getting to the suite by several hours and on enquiring several times re our priority check in with our luggage was informed its on its way.so priority luggage to the suite is not a priority to RCL.
(2) Bathroom hot water was non existent for 6 hours so showered in cold water.
(3) Cabinet doors and wardrobe doors have no magnetic keepers so doors and drawers swung to and fro at sea creating a unacceptable noise at night, I rectified this problem by wedging cardboard in the drawers and doors.
(4) television programs are all taped and repetive for a 17 day cruise unless in port.
(5) television programming bombards you with RCL excursions and Pay More Cruise options.
(6) the glass sliding door to the balcony would not lock and slid back and forth, I called house keeping to fix the problem but was informed it could not be repaired so had to use the child lock system which was only explained by the maintanance crew member.
(7) unless you read the compendium in the suites you will not be informed of your entitlements as a owners suite guest and will be charged additional.
(8) be aware of paying for anything in advance as money is not credited back for up to 90 days if you cancel or change your mind.
(9) you are enticed to buy additional cruises on board with offers of cheaper rates or specials which can be purchased at your own travel agent with better prices and options.
(10) the on board shops are basic and highly priced.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
No hot water for 6 hours on embarkation so showered in cold water as was advised by steward no hot water available but would be soon, ergo 6 hours is soon ?
No magnetic clips on doors or drawers created an unacceptable noise on first night at sea due to doors and drawers opening and closing, so fixed this issue by using cardboard to hold doors and drawers closed.
Balcony sliding door could not be locked and also slid back and forth also and ships maintanance member said this could not be repaired so again used cardboard.