3. Vision of the Seas
I will start with the worst: Our cabin - an OWNERS SUITE (OS-8504). Was located directly under the tiled area of the OceanView Cafe. There were carts rolling above us ALL THE TIME. No kidding, it sounded like we had a bowling alley above us. I have no idea why this isn't disclosed the same way an obstructed view cabin is disclosed. Staff all knows about the problem. We had meetings with Director of Guest Services, Hotel Director, and also Food Services Director and the problem was never solved. Their solution was to give us a different room to sleep in and a credit on a future cruise. Not an adequate solution when you are spending top dollar for an Owners Suite. So disappointed. You can hear the carts rolling around ALL THE TIME (yes, even at 3am when they are cleaning and doing maintenance). One night we literally went up to the OceanView Cafe at 3:30am and yelled at the staff up there. The room itself is beautiful and so spacious, but you are also there to sleep which is literally impossible (and I'm not a light sleeper), it's very loud. OK - room rant over. The food throughout the ship went from poor to average in the main dining room. The specialty restaurants were a bit better, but nothing "special" about any of them. Our favorite was probably Chops Grill, but again I would say just average for what is supposed to be the nicest restaurant on the ship. Giovanni's Table was also average to good. The Asian restaurant was a waste of space. The food was just average and in a location that should be used for other purposes. Speaking of location - The entire ship seemed a bit odd in as far as layout. Always seems to be alot of walking around. The Schooner Lounge seems to be the place to hang out for cocktails. The entertainment venues are on opposites ends of the ship. Also the restaurants are not grouped together like on other ships. Schooner Lounge also doubles as the piano bar where the entertainment is good. The other entertainment was pretty decent also. The casino is fairly small and just reeks of cigarette smoke. Come on Royal Caribbean - It's time to go "No Smoking" indoors. The outdoor pools were very nice, but seemed fairly crowded. Decent entertainment and music around the pool. The indoor pool was very nice but also very humid. Humidity is expected at an indoor pool, but this one was really bad. They should open a few windows occasionally. Always plenty of room at the indoor pool which is also an "adult pool". There is a great mens sauna and steamroom in the spa area which is very difficult to find, but worth asking. We were with a large group (about 150) of friends, so we basically had a good time, and we will be back on the ship next January (thanks to our "Future Cruise Credit"). Without that credit though, I doubt we would book this ship again. Hopefully I can post a better review after next year on the Vision.

Average

naperguy12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Owner's Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin OS 8504
Aweful suite. Sound from the OceanView Cafe above is terrible at ALL HOURS. The suite is beautiful and very spacious, but can't get past the rolling carts above this cabin. Royal Caribbean should DISCLOSE the problem with these suites the same way they disclose an Obstructed View cabin. I would give the cabin rating a negative rating if I could.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins