3. Emerald Princess
The cruise was nice, and the food in the buffet was AMAZING. The deserts were the best part. The ship was clean, and elegant. I was 26, and I went my 73 year old parent. The activities tended to be geared more toward older people (retirement age people). For example, they had some guess the song activity, and all of the songs were from the 1960s and 1970s. They also had bingo, art sales, and a Princess Pop Idol competition where guests would sing. But, everybody was fun and I had a GREAT time. There were a couple of dress up nights, but nobody is forced to dress up. I saw some people not dressed up. We were supposed to stop at the Princess Cays port, but with the tender, the water was too rough, and it was deemed unsafe to stop. However, we were able to make all of the other stops, and I appreciate the fact that safety was a priority. The nightly entertainment usually took place in the very nice Princess theater. Three nights had the Princess singers/dancers perform shows (that include singing/dancing to a theme, like disco). Other entertainment included a female hypnotist from Canada, a show from comedian Rondell Sheridan, singing by a member of the Letterman (Mark Preston, but I don't remember), and another comedian whose name I do not remember. Overall, the entertainment was good.

Eastern Caribbean Voyager

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by franforfun3

franforfun3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Cabin Baja
The room was clean, and nice. And, the guy in charge of our section was Zaldy, who was really dedicated and helpful. The room was small (as to be expected on a boat), but it was good. Our room was in the Aft section, on the Baja deck (Floor 11, I think).
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans

• Shirley Heights
    I went on the Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights & Dow's Hill tour.The tour showed main attractions, and the tour guides even added their own comments while we riding in the bus about Antigua (life, politics, etc). It was a good, comprehensive tour.
    View All 27 Shirley Heights Reviews
  • The Historic Garrison
    I went on the George Washington House, Garrison & Change of GuardsThey showed some videos about how George Washington used to live in Barbados. The tour started off a little slow. But then, we went to all of these other places that had historical significance. This is a good tour if you like history.
    View All 2 The Historic Garrison Reviews
  • Scenic Railway
    I went on the Scenic Railway Ride & Circle Island Drive tourThis tour pretty much gives you a train tour of the whole island. It was a lot of fun.
    View All 264 Scenic Railway Reviews
  • Island Tour
    It was a pretty good comprehensive tour of the island, and the volcanoes. I got a little motion sick in the bus, so I would recommend to be prepared for that. The lunch was really good too.
    View All 255 Island Tour Reviews
  • Botanical Garden
    I went on the St. Peter Great House and Gardens & Mountain Top tourI enjoyed the tour.
    View All 13 Botanical Garden Reviews