3. Quantum of the Seas
This was my ninth cruise, my fourth on Royal Caribbean lines. Can't say that the embarkation process went smoothly but my companion acted like he owned the place and proceeded to a short line (we also did not stand in the long luggage line outside the terminal but carried our luggage through the entire steps of admittance and security). In essence, the embarkation was totally surprising, given the number of embarking and disembarking ships abroad. The first couple of days, food in the Windjammer Buffet was fresh, but later not only the too small space and the competition for food, utensils, & seating made the unattractive place tasteless but the same food the following day seemed reheated. The ethnic foods and the vegetables could be appetizing as well as different. Most mornings we spent sunbathing, lounging, and reading with an occasional u-serve ice cream from the Taylor machine by the pool. This multi-leveled place forward entered through Deck 14, the sunny Solarium, was the best place to hang out for us oldsters. There is no dedicated library on the ship, as what's called a Library shares an ell with some computers and card players as well as with the control booth for the 270 venue. Not least of all, it's dark because unmovable drapes covered the multistoried windows. Not many complimentary lunch options here except for snack bars and Windjammer. I truly do miss the elegantly served breakfast, lunch, and dinner served on traditional seagoing cruises. Unhappily from my economic perspective, Royal Caribbean is cutting back on services especially to standard-room guests. The complimentary part of the room-service menu was minimal, its entrée being wrap sandwiches (maybe the ones from 270); nevertheless they weren't available, being replaced by overcooked chicken fingers and french fries. Unfortunately, I'd previously spent half of the gifted $300 onboard credit for the Thermal Spa access so didn't try the speciality venues for meals. The Thermal Spa didn't have many amenities besides the heated Thai tables, 2 saunas, and 1 rain shower, all unisex, besides the separate men's & women's dressing/shower rooms. Apparently there are no complimentary saunas on the Quantum. Be sure to bring a bathing suit. No one seemed to clean the tables between guests, not to mention restocking towels. We didn't get to try any of the amenities from Mamma Mia to Northstar because of lines, hours, confusion about changes in time. This ship overall was not my idea of a sailing vacation. There were rules for everything from who could eat where and at what time to arbitrary admittances into the shows.

No High Tea on the High Seas Here

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by Yellow&Blue

Yellow&Blue’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

Nice room in which to find comfort from all the hardness of the ship. Quite unusual in my experience to say that the cabin was one of the best spots overall, as well as the Solarium. Thank goodness, that oval coffee table in the middle of the room was gone, the one you fell over at night. Though the bathroom was roomier overall, I prefer the shower door that draws to a close rather than the bubble door that opens out to block the doorway.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans