3. Carnival Inspiration
This was my first Carnival Cruise, and first cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada. While Carnival may not be "high end" I can honestly say it really was a "fun ship". The Inspiration is a smaller ship, but in a way that was nice, because it was really easy to navigate. Even though one of glass elevators was OOO the entire time, the other elevators were not crowded. Same thing for the Hot tubs...even though one of the two adults only hot tubs in the Serenity area was OOO, we were still able to enjoy time in the one still working. HITS - I really think it helps to have fun friends to go with. We were celebrating our 60th birthdays and it was a blast. Room - Small but clean. The bathroom was very nice (and small). Plenty of hot water. Food - Dining Room - The beef was outstanding (and I am from Nebraska). When in doubt, I'd recommend the Flat Iron Steak option. The roasted beef tenderloin was excellent, as was the Filet Mignon on the Brunch. Of course the Lobster...tails were quite big and they came with shrimp (had 2) Lido Deck - Cheeseburgers great! Mongolian Grill, really great. Omelet station. Brasserie - Only thing I could recommend was Self serve ice cream. Put it in a plastic water glass, add some chocolate milk and you have yourself a Frosty. Shows - The 2 shows - Motor City and VIP were OUTSTANDING. Towel Animals - I am a sucker for them. They always made me smile. Pool Area - Always plenty of chairs. Not sure why you have to check out towels...I mean who is going to steal them! Catalina Island - Parasailing booked thru Carnival. Very nice. MISSES - Food - Desserts - Anywhere. Pretty but tasteless and rubbery. ick. Embarkation - Ebola scare probably didn't help...but it took a long time. My advice - DO NOT GET THERE EARLY...BE THE LAST ONES ON. Pool Area - Security and the Hot Tubs on the Lido Deck - We were actually kicked out of one of the tubs by security who said it was a children's only tub. No Signs, nothing. Pretty humiliating. When I went to Guest Services to check it out, they contacted the Head of Security who said none were Kid's only. Ensenada - Don't bother.

Much better than anticipated

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by skylarson

• Sail Date: October 2014
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
HITS -
Lido Deck - Cheeseburgers great! Mongolian Grill, really great. Omelet station.
Shows - The 2 shows - Motor City and VIP were OUTSTANDING.
Towel Animals - I am a sucker for them. They always made me smile.
Catalina Island - Parasailing booked thru Carnival. Very nice.
MISSES -
Food - Desserts - Anywhere. Pretty but tasteless and rubbery. ick.
Ensenada - Don't bother.